Subject: RE: [tosca] Managing TOSCA type profiles in github

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 12:04 AM Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com> wrote:

  I would like to avoid using Section numbers in the names of the example templates. I used to do this in the Ubicity project, but since the spec tends to be reorganized fairly frequently, I ended up having to rename these things all the time. I finally gave up. I hope we can come up with a more âpermanentâ naming scheme.

I'm don't think section numbers are a problem in this case, because each spec has its own subdirectory. It's true that if the same example is kept in the next version of the spec, its section number might be different, so you can't easily do that comparison between subdirectories, but I'm not sure that's important. I think having section numbers would make it easiest for the main reason we are doing this: putting these examples back inside the Word doc.

Having version-specific subdirectories doesnât really solve the issue. Itâs true that once a version has been released, the section numbers wonât change, but that isnât really the problem. The problem exists during the editing process of a new version. During the editing phase (over the course of 6-9 months), sections may be reorganized several times. Each of these reorganizations will require most if not all of the examples to be renamed.