Subject: Re: [tosca] Managing TOSCA type profiles in github

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 7:20 AM Calin Curescu <calin.curescu@ericsson.com> wrote:

With regard to Arturoâs question in the same thread, I think that we need to also cover the âSimple Profileâ by all the TOSCA rules. Otherwise, they might not be usable in the same contexts. This does not mean that other profiles need to follow this, but since the âSimple Profileâ is under the OASIS TOSCA maintenance, we should ensure that is covered exactly by the same rules as the specification.

Do we need the "Simple Profile" to be under OASIS TOSCA TC maintenance? I propose that from TOSCA 2.0 we let it go and manage it as an open source project outside of OASIS. Because it would be a derivative of the Simple Profile from TOSCA 1.3 (for continuity) a licensing notice can be included.

I don't know if this is legally possible, but I hope so! It would release OASIS TOSCA TC from a burden it does not need.