Subject: Re: [tosca] open github repo

I've uploaded most of my examples to the shared repo.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:02 PM Tal Liron <tliron@redhat.com> wrote:
Sure, I would be happy to. We can schedule offline. If anybody would like to join the discussion, please email us.

Looking to TOSCA 2.0 I think it can be easy to create an "example profile" specifically for showcasing grammatical features when we don't want to get bogged down by defining types (so we don't have to create the types for every example). But before we do that I think we still need to finalize how "imports" and namespaces work.

The reason I'm mentioning this is that for TOSCA 1.3 we still don't say for sure how imports work. As you'll see in my examples, I have my own special way to do it in Puccini, and I know in Ubicity you use a different convention. At least for the open repo we should decide on a common convention, and I think it would be best to decide for 2.0 and "backport it" (conventionally) for 1.3.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:56 PM Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com> wrote:

Excellent. Perhaps we can have a discussion later this week to coordinate how to make this happen. Many of the examples in the TOSCA docs use the ânon-normativeâ types that should probably be organized in a profile somewhere (or merged with a Version 2.0 Simple Profile). Please let me know when you might have some time.

From: Tal Liron <tliron@redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 7:52 PM
To: Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com>
Cc: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org

That sounds good.

I am happy also to contribute all the examples I have for Puccini and Turandot:

Many of them involve custom profiles, though Puccini's "tosca" directory is a showcase of grammar features and doesn't use any extra profiles. (It does use Simple Profile types, sometimes, just for example.) The profiles used:

(Turandot uses a much more advanced version of the Kubernetes profile. I will eventually merge the two and preferably host this in the open community repository.)

Also note that all the Puccini examples are available for live compilation if you press the "load example" combo here: