Subject: RE: Tosca.meta block 0 clarification

Oops, sorry, my bad! Section 6.2.1 allows populating further blocks with custom key-value pairs (not further custom key-value pairs in block_0).

So, it seems like SOL 004 needs to prescribe the empty line to be put before the ETSI-specific key.

And still, the text in 6.2.1 is ambiguous: âpopulate further blocks in the TOSCA.meta file with custom key-value pairs that follow the entry syntax of the TOSCA.meta fileâ. Does the following rule of TOSCA v1.0 belong to the said entry syntax: âThe first line of a block (other than block_0) MUST be a name/value pair that has the name âNameâ and the value of which is the path-name of the file described [â]â?

Greetings,

GÃbor

From: Marton, Gabor (Nokia - HU/Budapest)
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:52 AM
To: Calin Curescu <calin.curescu@ericsson.com>; Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com>
Cc: Nguyenphu, Thinh (Nokia - US/Dallas) <thinh.nguyenphu@nokia.com>; tosca@lists.oasis-open.org; Nemeth, Denes (Nokia - HU/Budapest) <denes.nemeth@nokia.com>

Thanks a lot, Calin, for the clarification.

However, while trying to conclude about SOL 004, I found an interesting thing in TOSCA v1.3---it slipped my attention till now:

6.2.1 Custom keynames in the TOSCA.meta file

Besides using the normative keynames in block_0 (i.e. TOSCA-Meta-File-Version, CSAR-Version,

Created-By, Entry-Definitions, Other-Definitions) users can populate further blocks in the TOSCA.meta file with custom key-value pairs that follow the entry syntax of the TOSCA.meta file, but which are outside the scope of the TOSCA specifications.

Nevertheless, future versions of the TOSCA specification may add definitions of new keynames to be used in the TOSCA.meta file. In case of a keyname collision (with a custom keyname) the TOSCA specification definitions take precedence.

To minimize such keyname collisions the specification reserves the use of keynames starting with âTOSCAâ and âtoscaâ (the strings within, but not including, the double quotation marks). It is recommended as a good practice to use a specific prefix (e.g. identifying the organization, scope, etc.) when using custom keynames.

So, if SOL 004 explicitly references TOSCA v1.3 and the above section (now it only refers to TOSCA v1.1), then it should be fine and safe.

Do you agree with this conclusion?

(Otherwise, if the above section did not exist, we would be in trouble with SOL 004, and the empty line would not resolve it either, because the base specification TOSCA v1.0 says: âThe first line of a block (other than block_0) MUST be a name/value pair that has the name âNameâ and the value of which is the path-name of the file described [â]â).

Greetings,

GÃbor