Subject: Nested imports in NFV service templates and avoiding type names collisions

Hello Chris, Calin, all,

As  requested, I send out a short description of the nested imports related scenarios in NFV.

An NSD service template includes VNF node templates of VNF specific node types. Thus, the NSD service template imports the yaml files from different VNF vendors that contain those VNF node type definitions.

The VNF node types in turn use VNF specific data types. There are two scenarios:

1) The VNF specific data types used in the VNF node type definition are included in the same yaml file as the VNF node type definition

2) The VNF specific data types used in the VNF node type definition are included in the separate yaml file, which is imported in the file that contains the VNF node type definition

We ended up defining naming rules for the data types. Thus, we will not have any name collision problem anyway when the files are imported in the NSD.

Best regards,

Arturo