Subject: Mixing different profile versions in ETSI NFV

Hi Thinh and Arturo,

During Tuesday’s TOSCA Language Ad-Hoc meeting, we discussed challenges with mixing different versions of the same profile in a single service. You mentioned that ETSI has had discussions about this topic. It would be helpful if you could dig up any notes or documentation about your discussions to help guide the TOSCA discussions. I envision scenarios like the following:

  • A Network Service creates a service chain consisting of VNFs from three different vendors
  • Each vendor’s VNF package is built using a different version of the ETSI NFV SOL001 profile

Is this a scenario that you believe should be supported, or do you require all VNFs to use the same profile versions?

Thanks for your help,