Subject: RE: [tosca] comment on WD02, Rev04: Eliminated the credential keyname from the repository definition

Youâre right, but we should debate whether itâs appropriate to represent credentials in the models (in the ConnectsTo relationship to the Endpoint capability specifically). Without additional grammar support, those credentials would have to be supplied somehow just like any other properties, and presumably reflected in an instance model, and potentially logged in log files. Orchestrators may need to treat credentials/secrets/etc differently from other properties.

Chris

From: adam souzis <adam@souzis.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 1:47 PM
To: Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com>
Cc: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Chris,

I think in general TOSCA is doing alright here because concretely you provide credentials to a particular endpoint and TOSCA endpoints already support credentials. In the case of a repository, it itself is essentially an endpoint, in that it is basically an URI -- so it needs credentials too. I think the bigger picture is what I mentioned on the other thread about repositories: That they should be first class entities similar to artifacts and then each profile can define their own types of repositories with their own properties -- including a credential property. This would solve the issue that led to their removal.

-- Adam