Subject: support for Cardinality in TOSCA

During today’s TOSCA Language Ad-Hoc meeting, we expressed a desire to express the full semantics associated with TOSCA profiles in the type definitions and the artifacts contained in the profile packages themselves, without having to rely on the orchestrator to add profile-specific semantics. TOSCA currently lacks certain features that make it difficult to achieve this goal. Peter mentioned specifically the lack of language support for scaling and cardinality.

I’d like to remind everyone that cardinality of nodes and relationships is a feature we have discussed in the past. The most recent document describing ideas for how to incorporate support for cardinality into the TOSCA language can be found here:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/download.php/66199

As we get further along in our instance model discussions, I’d like to revisit some of the proposals in that document.