Subject: intrinsic functions inside metadata?

I received an interesting question about whether it is legal to use intrinsic functions inside metadata, as shown in the following example:

We have a node which looks as follows:

    c1_nic1:

      type: cisco.nodes.nfv.VduCp

      properties:

        layer_protocols: [ ipv4 ]

        order: 1

        virtual_network_interface_requirements:

          - support_mandatory: true

      metadata:

        security_groups: { get_input: VIM_NETWORK_MGMT_SEC_GRP_0 }

      requirements:

        - virtual_binding: c1

But are being queried about the security_groups value, with the concern being that “tosca functions are not allowed inside metadata.”

I personally don’t see any issue with this, but I’m curious if anybody feels differently?