Subject: Re: [tosca] minor issue: timeout value shouldn't be an integer

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 7:05 PM Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com> wrote:

We should revisit whether we should have timeouts at all. Shouldnât the implementation artifacts handle their own timeouts internally?

+1. This is so obviously an implementation detail, and a mediocre one at that. One doesn't handle failures with a simple timeout, there should be retries, backoff algorithms, etc. TOSCA shouldn't care about any of this.