Subject: Exploring the use of Markdown for editing the TOSCA specification

As you know, the TOSCA TC currently uses MS-Word for creating and editing the TOSCA specifications. Some of our members have suggested in the past that we could benefit from increased participation (and improved collaboration) if we adopted Markdown instead as the tool of choice for maintaining our specs.

It turns out that some of the OASIS TCs have been using Markdown for a while for their work. The OpenC2 TC in particular has done extensive work on documenting their procedures related to the use of Markdown. These procedures can be found here:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-tc-ops

and their work related to Markdown can be found here:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-tc-ops/blob/main/Documentation-Norms.md

Please have a look at these documents. We’ll discuss during our of our future TC meetings whether it makes sense to switch to Markdown and if so, how we should proceed.