tpaml message

Subject: Re: tpaML presentation at ebXML

Bob Sutor wrote:

| For your information:
|

| Robert S Sutor
| 07/27/2000 03:55 AM
|
| To:   ebxml-stc <ebxml-stc@lists.ebxml.org>
| cc:
| From: Robert S Sutor/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
| Subject:  Trading Partner Agreement Markup Language
|

| As many of you know, IBM offered its tpaML (Trading Partner Agreement
| Markup Language)
| to OASIS last January.

This is inaccurate.  IBM put tpaml in the XML.org repository, and
separately, individuals from IBM asked and were granted permission
to start a discussion group to discuss establishing an OASIS
Technical Committee on the topic of TPAs.

| As predicted by some people in this Steering
| Committee, most of the
| interest in tpaML came from within ebXML as it has obvious connections with
| the work going
| on in several of the project teams, most notably TRP and BP. After
| consultations with many
| people within OASIS and ebXML, we have decided to slide the tpaML
| standardization work
| over from OASIS into ebXML.

There never was any "standardization work" on tpaml in OASIS.  No
Technical Committee was ever formed, nor were deliverables for one
decided.

| On the Wednesday of the San Jose meeting, Marty
| Sachs
| of IBM's Advanced Commerce Institute will give a one hour talk about tpaML
| and this should
| set the stage for the ebXML community to decide exactly how to proceed with
| it.

If at all.

Terry Allen
Document Engineering Group