trans-ws message

Subject: RE: [trans-ws] Minutes of Trans-WS teleconference

Depending on the agreed scope, ebXML may be relevant for aspects related to a translation exercise, though not directly involved with the translation tasks themselves (i.e., budget tracking, resource assignment, distribution fallback, event trigger/condition handling etc...)

Of course, ebXML is large and complex!

Steve.

Stephen Holmes

Voice:  +353 (1) 241 5732

Novell, Inc., the leading provider of information solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> Gerard Cattin des Bois <gcatt@windows.microsoft.com> 02/03/03 7:15 PM >>>
Here is the list of other formats and standards:
1. Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC): http://www.wfmc.org/
2. LISA/OSCAR: TMX -- Translation memory exchange format: http://www.lisa.org/tmx/
3. LISA/OSCAR: TBX -- Terminological data exchange format: http://www.lisa.org/tbx/
4. OASIS/XLIFF: XLIFF -- localization project data format: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/
5. OASIS/UDDI: UDDI  -- "meta service" for buildding/locating flexible web services using WSDL tModels: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/tcspecs.shtml#uddiv2

TBX is also based on ISO 12620 data categories specification.

Any others we should consider?
Thanks,
-Gérard
Gérard Cattin des Bois
Lead Program Manager, LocStudio Services
Windows Productivity Tools Team
gcatt@microsoft.com  (425) 706-1592
Symptom and sign of Inner Peace: An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment...