trans-ws message

Subject: [trans-ws] Summary of discussions on Query support

1. Query Support

    How should it be queried (any/all of the following) -
         ·  Download an entire file of support (a defined XML file)
         ·  Query a specific requirement (e.g. English to French supported
         ? XLIFF transfer supported ?)
         ·  Query based on more complicated project requirements. Vendor
         performs a match based on their abilities, and returns the best
         match.

    What types of information should we support
         File Types
            ·     Translation type (XML, Gif, properties)
            ·     Transfer type (XLIFF, ZIP, Jar, bare-bones)
         Publish Type
            i.e. Web, Printed doc, Software product Etc.
         Content Domain
            ·     Need to agree (reference UDDI)
            ·     We could specify one-only to save clients knowing several
         Bandwidth of the connection offered
         Translation service offered
            We need to come up with a standard set of service descriptions
            ·     Translation (HT, MT)
            ·     Project support engineering ?
            ·     Verification etc.
         Translation memory
            ·     Supported ?
            ·     Type ?
         Terminology type
            ·     Supported ?
            ·     Type ?
         Language-pair support
            Should all of the above information be sub-information of
            language pairs ?

Regards,
-Bill.

Bill Looby
Architect, Web Globalisation Technologies
Dublin Software Lab
IBM Ireland
Phone (Internal) : 166796
Phone (External) : +353 1 7046796