trans-ws message

Subject: RE: [trans-ws] Second draft of WSDL

Stephen, the attachment did not appear for me. Is the content of the email all there is to review or should we see additional information?

Cheers,
-Gérard
Families are living sanctuaries

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen.Flinter@connectcgs.com [mailto:Stephen.Flinter@connectcgs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 6:21 AM
To: trans-ws@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [trans-ws] Second draft of WSDL

All,

attached is the second draft of the WSDL.  This accommodates the
requestQuote (type A) operation.

The XML exchange for this operation is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
            xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
            xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
      <soapenv:Body>
            <requestQuote xmlns="">
                  <requestQuote ticketId="transws123"
xmlns="http://simship3.com";>
                        <wordCount count="35000"/>
                        <service name="Translation"/>
                        <language source="en" target="fr"/>
                        <requiredBy date="2004-02-01T00:00:00.000Z"/>
                        <info>High quality necessary</info>
                  </requestQuote>
            </requestQuote>
      </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

And the response...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
            xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
            xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
      <soapenv:Body>
            <requestQuoteResponse xmlns="">
                  <requestQuoteResponse ticketId="transws123"
xmlns="http://simship3.com";>
                        <quotation amount="7000" binding="1"
currency="EUR"/>
                        <expires date="2004-01-21T11:40:41.302Z"/>
                        <info>Sun Feb 01 00:00:00 GMT 2004#en#fr#High
quality necessary</info>
                  </requestQuoteResponse>
            </requestQuoteResponse>
      </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

As you can see in the above, there is a superfluous requestQuote and
requestQuoteResponse tag, which I suspect is a quirk of WebSphere Studio.
However, it may be an error on my part, so I'll look into it.

I have registered a project on sourceforge (www.sourceforge.net) called
TransWS in which I will provide the WSDL, as well as a sample web service
and web service client.  I'm developing the web service and its client on
IBM WebSphere Studio v5, and it runs on WebSphere Application Server v5.
Hence, to run it on other platforms will probably require a little work.

I have also made my implementation of the web service publically available
on one of our internal servers.  The WSDL can be found here:
http://212.147.140.51:9080/TransWSWeb/wsdl/com/simship3/TransWS.wsdl.  The
web service itself is at
http://212.147.140.51:9080/TransWSWeb/services/TransWS

I have not tried to access this with anything other than a WebSphere Studio
Java client (which will shortly be appearing on SourceForge), but it should
be fairly straightforward.  If anybody else has a go at it, I'd appreciate
any feedback.  BTW, if you do run a client against this web service, I
would recommend that you use a TCP/HTTP tunnel monitor between your client
and the server.  This will allow you to see the XML messages that are being
sent back and forth.  The one that I use is NetTool from CapeClear
(http://www.capescience.com/articles/using_nettool/).

Regards,

Steve

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://simship3.com"; xmlns:wsdl=
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"; xmlns:xsd=
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:wsdlsoap=
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"; xmlns:intf="http://simship3.com";
xmlns:impl="http://simship3.com"; xmlns:apachesoap=
"http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"; xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";>
  <wsdl:types>
    <schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace=
"http://simship3.com"; xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

                  <element name="domain">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence>
                                    <element maxOccurs="unbounded"
minOccurs="0" ref="intf:subdomain"/>
                              </sequence>
                              <attribute name="name" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="domains">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence>
                                    <element maxOccurs="unbounded"
minOccurs="1" ref="intf:domain"/>
                              </sequence>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                <element name="expires">
                    <complexType>
                        <attribute name="date" type="dateTime" use=
"required"/>
                    </complexType>
                </element>
                  <element name="fileType">
                        <complexType>
                              <attribute name="name" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="fileTypes">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence>
                                    <element maxOccurs="unbounded"
minOccurs="1" ref="intf:fileType"/>
                              </sequence>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                <element name="info" type="string"/>
                  <element name="language">
                        <complexType>
                              <attribute name="source" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                              <attribute name="target" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="languages">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence>
                                    <element maxOccurs="unbounded"
minOccurs="1" ref="intf:language"/>
                              </sequence>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="querySupport">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence/>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="querySupportResponse">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence>
                                    <element ref="intf:languages"/>
                                    <element ref="intf:services"/>
                                    <element ref="intf:fileTypes"/>
                                    <element ref="intf:domains"/>
                              </sequence>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                <element name="quotation">
                    <complexType>
                        <attribute name="amount" type="decimal" use=
"required"/>
                        <attribute name="binding" type="boolean" use=
"required"/>
                        <attribute name="currency" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                    </complexType>
                </element>
                <element name="requestQuote">
                    <complexType>
                        <sequence>
                            <element ref="intf:wordCount"/>
                            <element ref="intf:service"/>
                            <element ref="intf:language"/>
                            <element ref="intf:requiredBy"/>
                            <element ref="intf:info"/>
                        </sequence>
                        <attribute name="ticketId" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                    </complexType>
                </element>
                <element name="requestQuoteResponse">
                    <complexType>
                        <sequence>
                            <element ref="intf:quotation"/>
                            <element ref="intf:expires"/>
                            <element ref="intf:info"/>
                        </sequence>
                        <attribute name="ticketId" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                    </complexType>
                </element>
                <element name="requiredBy">
                    <complexType>
                        <attribute name="date" type="dateTime" use=
"optional"/>
                    </complexType>
                </element>
                  <element name="service">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence>
                                    <element maxOccurs="unbounded"
minOccurs="0" ref="intf:subservice"/>
                              </sequence>
                              <attribute name="name" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="services">
                        <complexType>
                              <sequence>
                                    <element maxOccurs="unbounded"
minOccurs="1" ref="intf:service"/>
                              </sequence>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="subdomain">
                        <complexType>
                              <attribute name="name" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                  <element name="subservice">
                        <complexType>
                              <attribute name="name" type="string" use=
"required"/>
                        </complexType>
                  </element>
                <element name="ticket">
                    <complexType>
                        <sequence>
                            <element ref="intf:wordCount"/>
                            <element ref="intf:service"/>
                            <element ref="intf:language"/>
                            <element ref="intf:requiredBy"/>
                            <element ref="intf:info"/>
                        </sequence>
                        <attribute name="id" type="string" use="required"/>
                    </complexType>
                </element>
                <element name="wordCount">
                    <complexType>
                        <attribute name="count" type="decimal" use=
"required"/>
                    </complexType>
                </element>
            </schema>
  </wsdl:types>
  <wsdl:message name="requestQuoteRequest">
    <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="intf:requestQuote"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="querySupportRequest">
    <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="intf:querySupport"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="requestQuoteResponse">
    <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="intf:requestQuoteResponse"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="querySupportResponse">
    <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="intf:querySupportResponse"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:portType name="TransWS">
    <wsdl:operation name="querySupport">
      <wsdl:input name="querySupportRequest" message=
"intf:querySupportRequest"/>
      <wsdl:output name="querySupportResponse" message=
"intf:querySupportResponse"/>
    </wsdl:operation>
    <wsdl:operation name="requestQuote">
      <wsdl:input name="requestQuoteRequest" message=
"intf:requestQuoteRequest"/>
      <wsdl:output name="requestQuoteResponse" message=
"intf:requestQuoteResponse"/>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>
  <wsdl:binding name="TransWSSoapBinding" type="intf:TransWS">
    <wsdlsoap:binding style="document" transport=
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
    <wsdl:operation name="querySupport">
      <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <wsdl:input name="querySupportRequest">
        <wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
      </wsdl:input>
      <wsdl:output name="querySupportResponse">
        <wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
      </wsdl:output>
    </wsdl:operation>
    <wsdl:operation name="requestQuote">
      <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <wsdl:input name="requestQuoteRequest">
        <wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
      </wsdl:input>
      <wsdl:output name="requestQuoteResponse">
        <wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
      </wsdl:output>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:binding>
  <wsdl:service name="TransWSService">
    <wsdl:port name="TransWS" binding="intf:TransWSSoapBinding">
      <wsdlsoap:address location=
"http://localhost:9080/TransWSWeb/services/TransWS"/>
    </wsdl:port>
  </wsdl:service>