trans-ws message

Subject: TransWS on SourceForge

All,

I have created a project on SourceForge called TransWS
(http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/transws) on which I expect to maintain
the workings of the WSDL and a sample implementation that complies with the
WSDL.

So far, I have released two files called TransWSClientEAR.ear and
TransWSEAR.ear.  These are Java (or more specifically J2EE) EAR (Enterprise
Archive) files.  Each of these ear files corresponds to a separate
application.

The TransWSEAR.ear is the web service itself.
The TransWSClientEAR.ear contains a client to that web service

These applications correspond to the WSDL file that I released recently.  I
hope to publish a new version of these files with each draft release of the
WSDL file.

These EARs were developed on WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD)
v5, and will run either in that environment directly or on WebSphere
Application Server v5.1.  I'm sure that they could be modified to run on
other platforms without too much difficulty, but I don't have time to do
that, so I'll leave it up to other people if they are interested.

In addition to the file releases, I have also checked the source code of
the files directly into the CVS repository for the project.  To get access
to the source code, you need to set your CVSROOT to
:pserver:<username>@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/transws.  Where <username>
is your SourceForge logon, or "anonymous".  For information on how to use
CVS on SourceForge check here:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14033&group_id=1.

There are four CVS modules in this repository:

TransWSClientEAR
TransWSClientWeb
TransWSEAR
TransWSWeb

The EAR CVS modules are a function of how WSAD organises its projects, and
contain nothing useful unless you're running under WAS or WSAD.  The meat
of the Java code and the WSDL files is in the two Web projects.

We could easily host and hence share other artifacts - for example,
Andrzej's XML schemas.

If anybody wants CVS commit privileges to manage these resources, let me
know.

Steve

Stephen Flinter
Connect Global Solutions