trans-ws message

Subject: Re: [trans-ws] Groups - Tran- WS TC meeting modified

Hi all,

what follows are my notes from the D.C. Meeting. There is one paragraph I
have in there where I am not sure what it all means now... (marked with ***)
- if anyone can offer an interpretation I would appreciate it.

-Arle

Notes on TransWS meeting...

Roll call we held. Attending were Stephen Flinter, Andrzej Zydron, Tony
Jewteshtenko, and Arle Lommel. Daniel Grasmick (SAP) and John Reid (Novell)
were also present as observers. Steven Flinter chaired the meeting.

The initial subject was feedback on the WSDL. According to Tony the feedback
was good, and most of the issues were covered in the previous face to face.
Andrzej concurred.

The UDDI group has published a new white paper on utilizing WSDL in a UDDI
registry. Stephen presented an overview of this relationship. According to
Stephen, the WSDL document will make reference to the tModel document in the
UDDI. When someone implements it they have to provide their own WSDL service
document, which will refer to the shared binding document. Only the service
document will need to be developed by each implementer. Stephen said that
the UDDI and tModel approach is what we should follow. Tony, however,
pointed out that we aren't going to do discovery through UDDI, but Stephen
said that there is no reason we couldn't, that we should support the latest
standards, and that we could define tModel descriptions for all the
information we will have.

Stephen asked if there were any objections to defining the six custom
tModels we would need? No objections were raised, so Stephen volunteered to
do the two ones corresponding to the WSDL. Andrzej volunteered to handle
language support and ATA classifications. Andrzej and Stephen agreed to pass
information back and forth outside of meetings in order to get this done.

One open issue was whether to use XML.ORG and XML-SOAP.ORG to host the name
space. Stephen felt that OASIS was the right place to host the name space
since other OASIS standards use those domains and they host the reference
WSDL.

The narrative portions of the document were addressed next. Those in
attendance were happy with the narrative and felt no need to update it
overall, but Andrzej said some things were missing from the content domains
section and that the security section needs to be updated. The group felt
that Gérard would be idea for completion of the section. Two action items
were resolved upon: 1. The text portion of the specification needs to be
written out, and 2, the WSDL need to be updated to implement security
content. It was also noted tha the section on project management is
non-normative and should be either removed or put in an appendix.

*** Content domain is back in, bandwidth, TM and terminology out.
Approximate cost for work covered elsewhere. SF: Need a note to refer to the
ATA list. Need to flesh out the descriptions, which we don't have for
everything. Andrzej to do the content domain via ATA. SF to do the service
types. For getEstimate requires knowledage of what's passed in and out. SF
to do WSDL.

John Reid observed that the document needs more examples an better text.
Tony felt that work should focus on examples since that focus would make it
clear if the introductory material is clear or not. John Reid also offered
to have an outsider read the specification and provide constructive
feedback.

Stephen pointed out that we have eliminated anything to do with payments,
and Andrzej said that payment information just gets to o complex, so Stephen
said we need to go through the document and make sure that all payment
references are actually removed.

Stephen wanted to know if we should remove e-mail notification from the
documentation. Andrzej felt that it is still needed and that call-back
service is too complex at present, although it might be needed in version 2.

Sections 3 and 4 on page 10 need to be removed (sections on status
notification and delivery - sidebar)

It was agreed that Stephen Flinter would control the master copy of the
specification, and that Arle Lommel is to review the project to make sure
that is is in "standardese" (i.e., the language corresponds to standards
language).