trans-ws message

Subject: FW: Call for Papers-26th Unicode Conference-September 2004, San Jose, CA, USA

 fyi,

Peter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Jarzyna [mailto:info@global-conference.com]
Sent: 26 April 2004 11:16
To: info@global-conference.com
Subject: Call for Papers-26th Unicode Conference-September 2004, San
Jose, CA, USA

Send in your submissions now! Last day is May 21!

    Twenty-sixth Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC26)

                     Theme: Internationalization of Web Services

                            See Call for Papers at:
                http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc26/iuc26call.html

                             September 8-10, 2004
                               San Jose, CA, USA

                     Submissions due: May 21, 2004
                   Notification date: June 4, 2004
                          Papers due: June 25, 2004

Each conference covers a wide range of Unicode and internationalization
topics in a variety of contexts, while also exploring one or more topics
in greater depth. This conference will focus on the current problems and
potential solutions for designing and deploying web services in
scenarios where users and services span the globe.

Soon several Eastern European countries will be added to the European
Union.
This will create new internationalization and localization requirements
for software and web applications. Examples include currency handling,
fonts, and character encodings, to name a few. IUC26 will identify these
new requirements and discuss effective ways to upgrade software to meet
the new challenges.

The conference web site has more details and numerous example topics:
http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc26/iuc26call.html

ATTENTION UNICODERS!
If you are using Unicode in software or on the Web, bring your
experience, knowledge and any remaining questions to light! We invite
you to submit papers describing challenges you faced, lessons learned,
and ideas for future implementation. Our audience is very interested in
how Unicode and internationalization are being applied in the real
world. Come and share your ideas with the peers and industry experts in
attendance.

INVITATION TO SUBMIT PAPERS

This is the premier technical conference for software and Web
internationalization and your source for the latest information on
standards, best practices, development tools and advances in the
globalization of software and the Internet. The Internationalization &
Unicode Conference features a number of presentation formats including
tutorials, workshops, lectures, and panel discussions to support
different learning styles. The conference also provides a forum for
identifying and discussing new issues in internationalization.

New technologies, innovative Internet applications, and the evolving
Unicode Standard bring new challenges along with their new capabilities.
Join us in exploring the opportunities created by the latest advances,
understanding how to leverage them, and the potential pitfalls. Share
your ideas for best practices for designing applications that can
accommodate any language.

Attendees benefit from the wide range of basic to advanced topics and
the opportunities for dialog and idea exchange with experts and peers.

We invite you to submit papers on the conference themes or topics that
relate to Unicode or any aspect of software and Web
Internationalization.

You can view the programs of previous conferences at:
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/conference/about-conf.html

CONFERENCE ATTENDEES

Conference attendees are generally involved in either the development
and deployment of Unicode software, or the globalization of software and
the Internet. They include managers, software engineers, testers,
systems analysts, program managers, font designers, graphic designers,
content developers, web designers, web administrators, site
coordinators, technical writers, and product marketing personnel.

EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES

The Conference SHOWCASE area is for corporations and individuals who
wish to display and promote their products, technology and/or services.
Every effort will be made to provide maximum exposure, advertising and
traffic.

Exhibit space is limited. For further information or to reserve a place,
please contact Global Meeting Services at info@global-conference.com.

THE UNICODE CONSORTIUM

The Unicode Consortium is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
development, maintenance and promotion of The Unicode Standard, a
worldwide character encoding.  The Unicode Standard encodes the
characters of the world's principal scripts and languages, and is
code-for-code identical to the international standard ISO/IEC 10646.
The Consortium also defines character properties and algorithms for use
in implementations.  The membership base of the Unicode Consortium
includes major computer corporations, software producers, database
vendors, research institutions, international agencies and various user
groups.

For further information on the Unicode Standard, visit the Unicode Web
site at http://www.unicode.org or e-mail info@unicode.org

Unicode(r) and the Unicode logo are registered trademarks of Unicode,
Inc.
Used with permission.