trans-ws message

Subject: RE: [trans-ws] Draft document

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the updated document! A couple of comments from me:

- The document does not reflect the 2-stage quoting process we came up with in the face-to-face meeting, where requestQuote returns a ticket and an estimated availability date. The actual quote is retrieved by calling retrieveQuote.

- “retrieveJobInformation” should also specify what the “meta data” and the “resource data” are.

- Inconsistent capitalisation, e.g. “RequestQuote”, “AcceptQuote”, “SubmitJob” start with an upper case letter, but all other operations start with lower case. “retrieveActiveJobsList” has a capital for List, but “retrieveFullJobslist” has a lower case list.

- most of the sample request/response messages seem to be out-of-date. (Perhaps we should consider putting them in an appendix?)

- How about re-structuring the document so that all the “must have” operations come first, followed by the “should have” and then the “may have”, to make this hierarchy more explicit? We can discuss this in the next meeting.

- We should consider how we can support using resources such as translation memories with the quoting process. (Currently the associateResource requires a job ticket.) It would be great if we could allow uploading of resources and allow them to be used already in quoting.

Cheers,

Magnus