trans-ws message

Subject: Re: [trans-ws] Groups - Tran- WS TC meeting modified

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the minutes. I can confirm that there are no IP issues from XML Inlt
regarding the GILT Metrics spec. The work undertaken by XML Intl regarding GILT
Metrics has all been done under the terms of the Lisa OSCAR group and XML Intl
has freely donated all the work which is covered by the Lisa OSCAR copyright
notice which is at the head of the GILT Metrics document.

Non of the contents of the GILT Metrics spec infringes any copyright or IP of
any of XML Intl's customers (I am Technical and Research Director of XML Intl).
XML Intl has kept its customers fully informed of its work in the standards field.

Please find attached the latest copy of the GILT Metrics Volume spec. GILT
Metrics is still evolving as I get feedback from the community. The current
thinking is that GILT Metrics (GMX) will be a tripartite specification covering
Volume (GMX-V), Complexity (GMX-C) and Quality (GMX-Q).

I attach the standard Lisa copyright which is also located at the head of the
draft spec document:

---------------------------

This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others, and
derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its
implementation may be prepared, copied, published and distributed, in whole or
in part, without restriction of any kind, provided that the above copyright
notice and this paragraph are included on all such copies and derivative works.
However, this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by
removing the copyright notice or references to LISA.

The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by
LISA or its successors or assigns.

----------------------------

As you can see there are no IP or copyright problems with OSCAR standards. In
addition Lisa also has a mutual recognition agreement with OSCAR.

Best Regards,

AZ

peter.reynolds@bowneglobal.ie wrote:

> Tran- WS TC meeting has been modified by Peter Reynolds (peter.reynolds@bowneglobal.ie).
>
> Date:  Thursday, 22 July 2004
> Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm Eastern Time
>
> Event Description:
> Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers:
>>From the AMER region dial:
> 1-888-967-2253
> +1-650-607-2253
>>From the APAC region dial:
> +61 2 8817 6100
>>From the EMEA region dial:
> +44 118 924 9000
> Enter the Meeting ID (126680) followed by the # key
> Press 1 to confirm the Meeting ID
> If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:
> a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
> b. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting.
> If the organizer has started the meeting you will be:
> a. Asked to enter the Meeting Password 058633
> b. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
>
> Agenda:
> 1/ Roll call
>
> 2/ Minutes of last meeting
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=5575&;
>
> 3/ Metrics
> Metrics - http://www.lisa.org/archive_domain/newsletters/2004/2.3/zydron.html
> GILTMetrics.zip is attached to http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/trans-ws/200407/msg00005.html
>
> 4/ Review of specification
> http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/trans-ws/200407/msg00010.html
> The following are the changes since 18 June:
>  - Starting adding some basic scenarios
>  - Job identifier blue box was re-drafted.
>  - Suggested change for how we deal with notification.
> Magnus has previousley sent the comments below which I would like confirmed by the TC
> * I believe we changed the associateResource to take a parameter that allows the caller to specify how the resource should be treated, e.g.:
> - additional source file for the job
> - previously translated source or target language version of the job
> - translation memory
> - terminology database or glossary (that may be optional or mandatory)
> - instructions, style guides, etc. for the job Etc.
> * I also think we added the retrieve(Full?)ResourcesList method, used to retrieve a list of all resources, whether they are associated with jobs or not.
> * The retrieveResourceListForJobs is not needed, as the resources associated with a job can be retrieved through retrieveJobInformation.
>
> 5/ Holiday break - Do we want to suspend the meetings throughout August and have our next meeting on Thursday September 1st.
>
> 6/ AOB
>
> Minutes:
> As there were only three members present we met informally and took no decisions.
>
> 1/ Present: Gerard, Andrzej, Peter.
> Apologies: Magnus, Tony
>
> 2/ Minutes of the last meeting will be reviewed at the next meeting.
>
> 3/ Metrics
> [...]

email - azydron@xml-intl.com
smail - Mr. A.Zydron
         24 Maybrook Gardens,
         High Wycombe,
         Bucks HP13 6PJ
Mobile +(44) 7966 477181
FAX    +(44) 870 831 8868
www - http://www.xml-intl.com

may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless
explicitly stated otherwise this message is provided for informational
purposes only and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer.

GILTMetrics.zip