trans-ws message

Subject: Tran WS TC

Dear Jamie, Scott and Mary,

Some questions from the Trans WS concall yesterday. I'm addressing to
you because you have the most knowledge in the ins and outs of the
technical issues.

1. The current draft of the committee spec is in HTML on the Kavi system
. There is a CSS style file on Kavi also that Peter Reynolds wants to
associate with this so it "looks" right. Is there a "how-to" to point
him to somewhere or can you help? (While typing this Peter I thought it
is possible to physically include the CSS in the HTML as well...)

2. The Trans TC would like to avoid proprietary software (Word, Abobe)
in the creation of the spec. It is currently HTML which is extracted off
the Wiki where the work is done. Yesterday one member said that he would
prefer XHTML. I know that this has arisen before in other TC's. Any
guidelines for publishing drafts in open formats?

3. I noted that the Trans  WS  draft is  still very preliminary. Also
that other standards that I track have a *lot* of OASIS  boilerplate at
the front. Is there standard boilerplate or should Peter just cut and
paste off something else that looks right? Also the concall brought up
yesterday whether XSD's were "part of" the spec or not. I said yes. Is
there any usual or recommended way to publish the XSD's? (I've seen zip
files, and XSD text on other TC's)

The TC is working towards "rough consensus and working code" before
trying to go out of committee with a standard. So the current focus is
trying to get a small development funded to do a proof of concept
implementation to iron bugs out of the spec before nailing it down. The
current spec is judged nearly good enough to start this development.

Thanks and all the best.
David

--
David Petraitis