trans-ws message

Subject: RE: Translation Web services

Hi Peter!

 Great news! Actually, what you'll be doing is creating a ballot to accept the document as a Committee Draft and submit for public review (easier to run just one ballot :-). Then, following public review, depending on the outcome, if the TC decides to move forward the TC Admin runs a ballot to approve as Committee Specification.

  I think that's probably what you meant, but now that we have Committee Drafts and Committee Specifications it can get rather confusing :-)

  The things that I look for before starting a public review are:
a) properly recorded vote (either meeting minutes or Kavi ballot)
b) proper use of document templates
c) proper information noted on document cover page (document status, date, etc.)

Templates can be found at docs.oasis-open.org/templates

Document status should indicate Committee Draft and the date that the ballot closes.

Congrats!

Mary

From: Peter Reynolds [mailto:preynolds@idiominc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:09 PM
To: marypmcrae@gmail.com
Cc: trans-ws@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Translation Web services

Hi Mary,

I hope you are well.

We are planning to progress with making a specification a committee specification. I will be creating a ballot to propose that we accept the specification as a draft committee specification next week. This ballot should run from July 17th for 7 days. Following this I will update the trans-ws part of the OASIS web site and add the documents so that they can be accessed from here so that you can start the review period.

Please let me know if there are other things which we should be doing as part of this process.

Thanks,

Peter.

Idiom Technologies
More languages. More markets. More business.

Peter Reynolds
Director - LSP Advantage Program

Idiom Technologies, Incorporated
200 Fifth Ave