trans-ws message

Subject: Translation Web services - face to face meeting

Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well. I would like to confirm the detail of the face to face meeting taking place on Tuesday October 24th.

The meeting will take place from 10 AM to 3.30 PM on October 24th in the European Foundation Building at Loughlinstown, Dublin, Ireland.

Directions for getting to the venue are available from the LRC Web site at

http://www.localisation.ie/resources/conferences/2006/EF%20Driving%20Directions%202.pdf

The objective of the meeting is to consolidate what we have done with the work on the committee specification and to plan the future for the Translation Web services standard.

The agenda for the meeting will include:

  • Objectives for the day
  • The Ignite project implementation – Kevin will take us through this with a discussion and demonstration.
  • Completing the committee specification – Everything is in place for the peer review. We need to confirm this and start the committee specification acceptance process.
  • Translation Web services – What next – This will focus on where we want to go with the standard and how we intend to get there. We are a small TC whose members have lots of other commitments. We need to discuss what should be the next steps for the standard and how we can achieve this. The aim from this part of the meeting is to get a clear road map with commitments form people that they can help with this work.

The face to face meeting is being held as part of the LRC XI Conference – The localisation Factory. Details of the conference can be found on their web site at http://lrc.csis.ul.ie/resources/conferences/2006/

Tony, Kevin, Reinhard and I will be speaking at the conference. You can also find details of local accommodation on this web site.

I am not sure whether we can arrange a dial in facility for the meeting please get in touch with me if you would like this. Please also get in touch with me if you have any queries.

I look forward to seeing you on October 24th.

Thanks,

Peter.

Idiom Technologies
More languages. More markets. More business.

Peter Reynolds
Director - LSP Advantage Program

Idiom Technologies, Incorporated
200 Fifth Ave