trans-ws message

Subject: Moving Forward with the Translation Web Services Technical Committee?

Hi everyone,

 As you may or may not be aware, the Translation Web Services technical committee is now without a chair (Idiom did not renew their OASIS membership and therefore Peter was dropped from the roll).

  As the TC has, at this point, been inactive for six months and is now without a chair, as TC Administrator I am required to take action. I believe the TC agreed to take a hiatus while finishing up work on the XLIFF specification; as that is now out for OASIS Standard vote, the members need to decide whether or not they want the work of this TC to continue. If yes, the first step will be to elect a new chair. I hope that the TC will push forward – it would be great to see the work done progress through public review and at least Committee Specification status. Or it could be that the work is no longer deemed relevant and folks just want to call it a day – that’s okay as well. Please respond directly to me (mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org) with your wishes by the end of the week (1 February) and we’ll go from there.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae

Manager of TC Administration, OASIS