translators message

Subject: OASIS Translation Policy

OASIS is an open, international organization, developing and driving the
adoption of standards for the global community. Each OASIS Technical
Committee selects a language in which it will conduct its work.

To facilitate global adoption, we welcome efforts to provide OASIS
Standards, relevant specifications and documents in as many languages as
possible. As a non-profit organization, we rely on the support of members
and other parties to provide or fund unofficial translations that enable
communities around the world to understand and implement OASIS work.

We invite you to volunteer to translate or fund the translation of an OASIS
Standard, specification or document into another language. This email list
has been created for translators to communicate with one another, to discuss
questions you might have during the translation process, enlist the support
of other volunteers in translating large specifications, etc.

All translators should review the OASIS Translation Policy at
http://www.oasis-open.org/about/translation_policy.php.

If you have already translated an OASIS Standard, specification or document
into another language, please contact us at
translation-admin@oasis-open.org, so that we may direct others to your work
and promote your contribution by posting it on our site or providing a link
to yours.

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS