List Home All Archives Dates Threads Authors Subjects
translators - Re: Message Thread: Previous | Next
  • To: translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Theodore <sggu@xxxxxxxxx>
Send Email to translators@lists.oasis-open.org:
Send new message
But the books ... well, the books are in no danger of going wanting.

arned for themselves. "This is a very long mystery novel we are getting in
installments," he told USA Today. "Each book ends with some suspense. You want
to know what happens next." The most anticipated of the bunch arrives July 16
with the sixth book in the Harry Potter series, "Harry Potter and the
Half-Blood Prince." "I think everyone expected an explosion the last time and
went overboard. Everybody way overstocked," Candace Corlett, a partner at the
consulting firm WSL Strategic Retail, Inc., told the AP. Corlett was one of
those who had predicted blockbuster merchandise sales. Those lucky to be at
Edinburgh Castle in Scotland are being treated to a reading by Rowling. Fire
dancers are expected to perform in the Changing Hands parking lot in Tempe,
Arizona, and a New Orleans, Louisiana, bookstore is co-sponsoring a
neighborhood Potter adventure, The Associated Press rep "There's nothing quite
like Harry Potter in publishing," Bookseller magazine children's book expert
Caroline Horn told Reuters. Those lucky to be at Edinburgh Castle in Scotland
are being treated to a reading by Rowling. Fire dancers are expected to perform
in the Changing Hands parking lot in Tempe, Arizona, and a New Orleans,
Louisiana, bookstore is co-sponsoring a neighborhood Potter adventure, The
Associated Press rep "She (Rowling) manages to make some jokes," she said. "I'm
kind of afraid to read that book because I know that J.K. Rowling will have no
pity for the readers about killing off characters we like," said Heyman. "There
is a huge amount of security around the book right up to the moment the clock
strikes midnight," Richard Cristofoli, an executive at British bookseller WH
Smith, told Reuters.

By Date: Previous | Next Current Thread By Thread: Previous | Next
  • Re:, Theodore  (you are here)

  Mail converted by the most-excellent MHonArc 2.6.10