translators message

Subject: Technest Holdings Inc. Provides Business Status Update, CorporateProfile Data and Announces Strategic Initiatives for 2006

Press Release

Source: Technest Holdings, Inc.

Technest Holdings Inc. Provides Business Status Update, Corporate Profile Data and Announces Strategic Initiatives for 2006

Corporate Strategic Initiatives Are Focused On Marketing Product Portfolio and Capturing Intelligence Agency Opportunities

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 20, 2005--Technest Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB:TCNH.OB - News), http://www.technestholdings.com ; a defense and homeland security company transforming advanced laboratory technology into real-world products, announced today a business status update, corporate profile data and a number of strategic initiatives that the company intends to pursue in 2006.

 Business Status Update

 The company stated that it believes that fundamentals which affect its business and financial operating status are robust and expected by management to improve. A few of the most recent status achievements are as follows:

  • Fiscal first quarter ended September 30, 2005 sales revenues of $19M.
  • Funded backlog as of November 31, 2005 of $55.2M.
  • US Army Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate (NVESD) Omnibus contract awards exceeding $29.0M since July 15, 2005. The Army's NVESD research and development group is one of the U.S. military's most advanced technological leaders. Technest Holdings wholly owned subsidiary EOIR Technologies Inc. is working on a range of next-generation technology solutions for the NVESD, including night vision and advanced sensor applications, disposable sensors and other threat-detection systems.
  • Subsidiary EOIR Technologies, Inc. awarded a SeaPort Enhanced (SeaPort-e) Multiple Award Contract (MAC).  The U.S. Navy is awarding indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity multiple award contracts to 503 contractors under this procurement program. The Government estimates a maximum of $5.3 Billion of services will be procured per year via orders issued under the SeaPort-e multiple award contracts amongst the group of contractors. The awards have a four-year base period with one five-year award term and one additional one-year award term. Contract funds will be obligated at the time of task order award and as such, multiple funding types (with varying expiration dates) may be used, consistent with the purpose for which the funds were originally appropriated by Congress.
  • Subsidiary EOIR Technologies awarded a contract by the US Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) to provide technical services to the Measurement and Signatures Division. The award is a competitive follow-on for EOIR, who will continue to provide support in the areas of signature collections, computational modeling, CAD modeling, sensor data processing, sensor integration, and software development. As part of the Department of Defense Intelligence Production Program, NGIC collects, models, processes and analyzes scientific and technical intelligence products in the area of Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT) of rotor (helicopters), ground systems (tanks, rocket launchers, armored personnel carriers, light trucks, etc.), and munitions (rocket propelled grenades, mortars, etc.).

Corporate Profile Data

Technest Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB:TCNH.OB - News), http://www.technestholdings.com, is presently comprised of two operating subsidiaries; EOIR Technologies Inc (EOIR) and Genex Technologies Inc (Genex).

Our corporate mission statement is” Securing America by Providing Innovative, Emerging Technologies and Expert services to Protect People, Borders, and Infrastructure.”

Summary of Products and Services

Remote Sensor Systems and Technologies For Military And Intelligence Applications

EOIR provides advanced remote sensing technology products and services to the DOD and to various other United States intelligence agencies. EOIR's most significant source of revenues is an Omnibus Contract with the United States Army Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate. The Omnibus Contract has an extensive and varied scope that requires us to provide a very broad range of products and technical services. For those products and technical services that EOIR does not possess in-house, we subcontract to our team members and other subcontractors as necessary. As a prime contractor, EOIR is responsible for the technical performance of all of its products and services delivered to the customer. Primary revenue streams are derived from the delivery of products and services which provide the customer with: advanced development product concepts; low volume produced prototypes; advanced signal processing algorithms and software; advanced systems integration; engineering and evaluation services; data collection and processing capabilities and other highly differentiated and proprietary products and services.

Products

EOIR develops and produces highly advanced remote sensing hardware and software system products for our government customer base. Our products extend the range of our remote sensor services, encompassing the full spectrum of sensor science, systems integration, and system support. Below is a list of our current products in production and or advanced stages of development:

  • LRAS (Long Range Scout Surveillance System) - Third generation upgrade of multi-spectral infrared sensing platform comprised of Ultra Narrow Field of View Optics and Multi Spectral Aided Target Detection.
  • AACES - Remote stand off chemical detector which consists of a Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) sensor, a digital signal processor and wireless computing elements for remote operation and identification relay. It is designed to operate independently with a pan and tilt operation, allowing it to automatically scan a region or concentrate on a specific area without the need for manual intervention.
  • ACADA (Automatic Chemical Agent Detection and Alarm) - Man portable chemical agent point detector sensor system which utilizes Ion Mobility Spectroscopy technology to detect chemical agents such as Tabun, Sarin, and classic nerve agents. This unit has been mass produced and deployed throughout the US Navy.
  • STUDS - Disposable and wireless low light visibility sensor intended for use in urban combat and perimeter defense applications.
  • SERTS™ (Safety Evaluation Range Training System) - Audio and video recording system that allows instructors to instruct, review, and qualify trainees. SERTS is a minimally intrusive, multi-platform compatible, audio/video monitoring system that brings range evaluators to the action inside a host of live fire exercise vehicles. It transmits live audio and video from the exercise vehicle directly to a range tower for exercise monitoring, recording, and post exercise review.
  • Head Tracker - The Head Tracker Sensor Suite is a gimbal-based system that allows a user to be in a tank, with a Heads Up Mounted Display to view Forward Looking Infra Red imagery. The Heads Up Mounted Display contains inertial and optical trackers that are used to control the motion of the gimbal by the head motion of the operator. This allows the operator to see where the gimbal is looking without having to put his head out of the tank. The Forward Looking Infra Red imagery can be used in a variety of modes to include fused sensor data and picture within a picture images.
  • USRD (Universal Sensor Remote Device) - Embedded system that allows multiple sensors to be remotely controlled. USRD is designed to remotely control and retrieve data from multiple sensors and transfer data to a base station through wired and wireless communications.
  • Pelco Camera Translators - Embedded system that allows non-Pelco cameras to be integrated into Pelco networks, that is, it allows non-Pelco cameras to be controlled by a standard Pelco control network.
  • WinProc™ - A thermal imaging display and analysis software based tool designed for viewing and analyzing thermal images. It offers a range of features including Fourier analysis, high and low pass filters, thermal image calibration, image statistics, and advanced digital display algorithms
  • IProc™ - An interferogram processing and analysis software based tool that permits analysis of interferograms from spectrometers. Designed for the analysis of remotely captured chemical emission spectral information, the analysis tool enables the recognition of targeted chemical signatures.
  • GPS GroundTruther - A software based tool that can be used to keep accurate positioning information for multiple vehicles during field tests.
  • TTAASP™ and EOIRTA™ - A software based tool that assists predictive modeling of thermal targets and is used to calculate detection probabilities of targets at arbitrary angles and ranges.

Services

EOIR has been providing highly differentiated services to government customers for nearly 20 years. Our scientific support spans a wide range of services, including the full spectrum of sensor sciences, systems integration, system support and software development, as more fully described below:

  • Sensor Science. Sensor science services at EOIR involve a multitude of spectral regions, ranging from visible to far infrared, developing, using and interpreting data from a number of different sensors including acoustic, radar, thermal, multi-spectral and hyper-spectral calibrated imagers.
  • Systems Integration. EOIR has the electrical and mechanical engineering design experience necessary to integrate laboratory prototypes into existing military sensor systems.
  • Technical Training. EOIR has the ability to develop classroom courses and computer-based and web-based trainers to satisfy unique customer requirements. EOIR is able to train on the use of sensor and detection equipment as well as teaching students how to interpret sensor signature data.
  • Software Development. EOIR develops customized sensor and data collection software platforms to satisfy a variety of unique customer requirements.

Intelligent Surveillance

Genex’s intelligent surveillance portfolio is anchored by its real-time embedded image processing technology and its 3D facial recognition technology. Our products include OmniEye™ Wellcam, OmniEye™ Cerberus, Smart Optical Sensor (SOS), Smart Suite™ and Omnivision.

The OmniEye™Wellcam is an ultra light, portable 360 degree field of view camera which can be used in field applications, such as detection of underground weapon caches and search and rescue beneath building rubble, due to its durability. The OmniEye™ Cerberus is a re-configurable multi-sensor system that is designed for long distance infrared and visible light detection. The OmniEye™ Cerberus delivers this flexibility while still maintaining seamless panoramic coverage up to 360 degrees.

The Smart Optical Sensor high speed image processing platform powers Genex’s Smart Suite™ algorithms, enhancing both new and existing sensor systems with capabilities including: reliable target detection, motion tracking, and object classification and recognition. Smart Suite™ algorithms by Genex are a portfolio of advanced video analysis and augmentation modules. The SOS is a powerful system that allows multiple cameras to be deployed easily in a distributed, scaleable network that provides autonomous surveillance.

OmniVision is a software platform for Genex’s wide range of security and surveillance camera products. Built as a modular system, OmniVision can operate as a standalone application or easily integrate into existing systems. The unique architecture of OmniVision puts next-generation capabilities within reach of traditional camera and digital video recorder systems. The system includes software application modules for many different end user needs.

Genex currently is engaged in programs to develop: disposable sensors for the U.S. Army Night Vision Lab; a miniature general purpose sensor processor for the U.S. Army Picatinny Arsenal; SmartMTI Motion Detection for the U.S. Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center; a weapon’s flash detection system for the U.S. Navy Office of Naval Research; and a smart object avoidance system for the U.S. Navy Naval Surface Warfare System.

Chemical and Explosive Detection

The company is targeting key sensing technologies that are critical to both DOD and Homeland Security missions: Chemical/Biological (Chem/Bio) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) detection sensors. Our Chem/Bio and IED group concentrates on the research and development of technologies that can reliably detect the presence of chemical, biological, and explosive devices or components from a stand-off distance utilizing multi spectral electro optical sensing methods. Under a Phase 2 Small Business Innovation Research (“SBIR”) grant from the U.S. Army, Genex is developing a new and unique sensor that can remotely detect the presence of chemical and biological weapons. We intend to offer these standoff detection sensors in an integrated system solution approach which also includes point detection capability provided by the EOIR manufactured ACADA system. The ACADA system utilizes Ion Mobility Spectroscopy cell based point detection chemical sensor technology.

Advanced Technologies Research and Development

The Advanced Technologies Research and Development group of Genex is focused on developing our imaging technology portfolio via advanced research in 3D facial recognition, intelligent surveillance 3D imaging, and medical imaging. By integrating our marketing pursuits with our R&D efforts, we can bring to market technological advances that have enhanced customer value. Some of our targeted research areas include: (i) fully integrated Surematch™ suite of 3D facial recognition software application programs, (ii) intelligent surveillance using two- and three-dimensional image processing to support homeland security, military, and commercial applications; (iii) detection of concealment of intent using thermal and 3D imaging to support anti-terrorist efforts; (iv) early detection of cancer using non-invasive and non-radiological diffuse optical tomography; and (v) more effective and less risky radiation treatment for cancer by use of 3D imaging for patient positioning.

Strategic Initiatives for 2006

The company has organized its efforts to focus specifically on emerging product based revenue streams and to capture new burgeoning business opportunities in the areas of US Intelligence Agencies. Strategic business segments have been formed in the following areas; Technical Support Services, Border and Port Surveillance Systems, Specialty Security and Intelligence Systems, and Training Devices. Joint venture partnerships and select accretive asset acquisitions are presently being studied to provide accelerated growth in our market niches.

Technest Holdings Chairman and CEO Robert Tarini stated, “We are well positioned to grow the company in the coming year. Our highly differentiated remote sensing products and services are in high demand amongst our US customer base and we feel we can leverage our intellectual property to provide recurring product based revenues growth. Management believes that our financial position is strong and that our strategic initiatives for 2006 will improve corporate financial performance metrics and increase shareholder value.”

About Technest Holdings, Inc.

Technest Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB:TCNH.OB - News) is a provider of: advanced remote sensor systems, chemical detectors, intelligent surveillance and advanced 3D imaging technology solutions to the defense and homeland security marketplaces. Technest is committed to setting next-generation standards in defense and security through the provision of innovative emerging technologies and expert services. Technest's solutions support military, law enforcement and homeland security personnel. Through strategic development, Technest focuses on the creation of dual-use technology and products with applications in both the defense market and civilian homeland security and law enforcement fields.

"Forward-Looking Statements"
Investors are cautioned that certain statements contained in this press release as well as some statements in periodic press releases and some oral statements from ECON Corporate Services