translators message

Subject: POWN Procures Stan Lee Name and Brand

POWN .PK

 POW! Entertainment procures the exclusive rights
 to the “Stan Lee” name and brand.

Los Angeles , CA December 13, 2005- POW! Entertainment (PK: POWN), has announced that POW! Entertainment acquired the exclusive rights and ownership in perpetuity to the name “Stan Lee”, his likeness, brand and signature slogans “Stan Lee Presents”, Excelsior” and “Stan's Soap Box. POW! also acquired most of the intellectual properties created by Stan Lee during the period beginning after his tenure as Marvel's chief creative officer, editor in chief, and publisher and predate POW! Entertainment. The rights are in addition to new properties that are currently being developed by Stan Lee for other major entertainment conglomerates on behalf of POW! Entertainment.

The agreements gave POW! Entertainment the rights to licenses and receive royalties from Stan Lee's future and more recent creations that have been emerging in voluminous quantities since Stan Lee's negotiated release from Marvel. Marvel retains the exclusive rights to his former co-creations like Spider-man ®(a) , The Hulk ®(a) , Daredevil ®(a), X-men ®(a) , Fantastic Four ®(a) and other Stan Lee originals while at Marvel.

Stan Lee says, "Over the years, I fortunately managed to maintain the rights to my name and other signature slogans that I have developed. I am ever so pleased POW! Entertainment is both the custodian and manager of my current and future works. POW! not only has a strong business management team but also has maintained a creative artistic element among its officers and directors.”

POW!'s president, Gill Champion, says, "Although it is impossible to put a definitive number to the valuation of the “Stan Lee” brand, we feel this truly is one of the most valuable assets an entertainment company could have in its portfolio. I equate it to the likes of owning the rights to the name and marks of Walt Disney or Warner Brothers. Stan Lee has become a literary legend and his creative talents have produced some of the most successful franchises of all time. His name and marks are part and parcel to our culture and it is with great honor that we have added this treasure of good will to our portfolio and consolidated the Stan Lee Brand under POW!'s ownership. Inclusive of all Stan Lee's Future Projects this acquisition includes rights to the licensing royalties in Stan Lee's most current works with many of them already in various stages of development. It is my opinion, from what I have observed the best of Stan Lee is yet to come. It is POW! Entertainment's intention in the months, years and decades to come, to introduce to the world a plethora of perhaps the most unforgettable Stan Lee character franchises of all time”.

Arthur M. Lieberman, Esq., Chief Business Affairs and Director of POW! Entertainment. Mr. Lieberman is a seasoned entertainment attorney specializing in Intellectual Properties. In his over thirty-five years of experience, he has granted character rights to Universal Studios, Fox Studio's, Warner Bros. , Bantam Books, Ace Books, Marvel Comics, Mattel, and Hasbro among others. Arthur states, “From my years advising and working with top entertainment companies, I believe that the core foundation for any entertainment company should be firmly grounded in the ownership or control of top rate intellectual properties. The granting of the rights to the Stan Lee brands to POW! Entertainment, in my opinion gives the company an unprecedented foothold into the upper echelons of entertainment's elite as well as a firm advantage over competitors. Stan Lee has created many of the most successful contemporary intellectual properties known throughout the world today and his fan base extends globally and numbers the millions. We are sincerely appreciative of Stan Lee's contributions to the company and the public has so much to look forward to as “Stan Lee Presents” his new Superheroes and heroines through POW! Entertainment.

POW! (Purveyors of Wonder) Entertainment, Inc. was founded by world famous comicbook icon Stan Lee, together with Gill Champion and Arthur Lieberman. POW's principals, combined, have over a hundred years experience creating, producing and licensing original intellectual properties. POW! will specialize in franchises for the entertainment industry, including animation and live-action feature films, plus television, DVDs, video games, merchandising, and related ancillary markets, all of which aid in the establishment of global franchises. POW! partners with studios and networks in creating new and exciting characters that will perpetuate the brands of both POW! and Stan Lee. In some cases, POW! creates "custom-tailored" properties for a specific star or director.

Stan Lee, Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of POW!, is the creator and inventor of the modern superhero. A prolific author, Lee revolutionized the comic book industry by creating compelling characters who, despite extraordinary powers and talents, are none the less plagued by the same doubts and difficulties experienced by ordinary people. Some of his most enduring characters, like Spider-Man®(a), The Hulk®(a), and X-Men®(a), have been spun off into television programs and feature films that have grossed hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office.

Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical or current fact constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other unknown factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results or from any future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. In addition to statements which explicitly describe such risks and uncertainties, readers are urged to consider statements labeled with the terms "believes," "belief," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "will," or "plans" to be uncertain and forward-looking. The forward-looking statements contained herein are also subject generally to other risks and uncertainties that are described from time to time in the Company's reports and registration statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

® (a) These are the registered trademarks and characters of Marvel Characters, Inc.

Source: POW! Entertainment, Inc.

DISCLAIMER:
Information within this email contains "forward looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact and may be "forward looking statements. "Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through the use of words such as "projects", "foresee", "expects", "will," "anticipates," "estimates," "believes," "understands" or that by statements indicating certain actions "may," "could," or "might" occur. As with many microcaps, today's featured company has factors that raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern. Furthermore, the company has a large accumulated deficit since its inception and a substantial negative net worth. An investment in today's featured company is considered to be highly speculative and should not be considered unless a person can afford a complete loss of investment. All information provided within this email pertaining to investing, stocks, securities must be understood as information provided and not investment advice. The Market Refinery advises all readers to seek advice from a registered professional securities representative before deciding to trade in stocks featured within this email. None of the material within this report shall be construed as any kind of investment advice or solicitation. The publisher of The Market Refinery is not a registered investment advisor. Subscribers should not view information herein as legal, tax, accounting or investment advice. All information within this email is qualified in its entirety by the detailed information and financial statements of the featured company contained in its regulatory filings with the SEC. End-Users are responsible for verifying all claims and conducting their own due diligence. Any reference to past performance of companies are specially selected to be referenced based on the favorable performance of these companies. You would need perfect timing to achieve the results in the examples given. There can be no assurance of that happening. Remember, as always, past performance is never indicative of future results and a thorough due diligence effort, including a review of a company's filings, should be completed prior to investing. Past performance is never indicative of future results. This email message may contain references or links to web sites operated by third parties. Such references or links are provided for the reader's reference and convenience only. We are not responsible for the reliability of these external sites nor are we responsible for any of the contents, advertising, products, or other materials on such external sites. Our inclusion of references or links to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators. Under no circumstances shall we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on such external site. In compliance with the Securities Act of 1933, Section17(b), The Market Refinery expects to receive six thousand dollars from a third party not an officer, director or affiliate shareholder for the publication of this report. Be aware of an inherent conflict of interest resulting from such compensation due to our intent to profit from the liquidation of these shares. All factual information in this report was gathered from public sources, including but not limited to SEC filings and Company Press Releases and provided to The Market Refinery by a third party not an officer, director or affiliate shareholder. The Market Refinery believes this information to be reliable but can make no guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. Use of the material within this email constitutes your acceptance of these terms. All information provided regarding the companies featured on this web site comes from the companies themselves, SEC filings, news releases, company web sites as well as other sources of publicly available information. The profiles of companies are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell, or hold these or any other securities.

The Market Refinery · P.O. Box 155 · Sugar Loaf, NY 10981
This e-mail message is an advertisement and/or solicitation.