translators message

Subject: FROM MRS. MARIA STEVENS; JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA

From Mrs. Maria Stevens
39 Natambe Crescent
876 GT, Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Urgent Business Proposal.

Please read this confidential letter thoroughly without haste. This is not
one of the stories circulating all
over the internet, I have read stories about me by some unscrupulous
elements who do not even know
me and this kind troubles me, these days people have resorted to using the
internet as a means to transmit all kinds of information, abusing the most
vital means of communication in this age of civilization, please do not
regard this message as one of those, as I have been opportune to read some
of them. What you are about to know is an event based on facts. If you find
it convenient to follow up this project, feel free to establish contacts
with the person stated on the letter, this is if you are really a serious
businessman who has the time to try other ventures. The proliferation of
span and strings of illegal activities by internet abusers has made it
almost impossible to distinguish business dealings that are real and the
once that are not. Just as I am sending you this letter, something will
strike in your mind, oh! Is it not one of those hoaxes I read everyday on
the internet? No, this is a different matter with existing proof. In this
business proposal, do not disclose the contents of this matter to any
unauthorized individual. Please read on.

With deep respect, honesty and humility, I present to you this business
letter, hoping that you will treat
the matter therein with great concern and seriousness. This letter is
intended to bring to your notice an
urgent business matter of a unique nature. My name is Mrs. Maria Stevens,
wife of late Mr. David Stevens

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/918781.stm

(As per attached link). Mr. David Stevens was the president of the farmers
union. He held contributions
and funds belonging to the union for a period of 5years. The proliferation
and the random confiscation of
white owned farm lands and widespread assassination of white farmers
resulted in the demise of
Late Mr. Michael Pfevbe. Prior to that, he held funds belonging to members
of his cooperative union.
These funds together with his own company funds were deposited in a
multi-currency investment account
with an offshore bank in Europe. These funds were secured offshore for fear
of confiscation by the
interim government. Due to the escalation of the crisis in Zimbabwe, there
were several efforts to trace
and seize assets belonging to White farmers and members of the farmers
cooperative union; this made
my late husband to secure all his assets, company funds and monthly
contributions belonging to the
cooperative union in an offshore account overseas. In the heat of the mob
justice, farms, landed
properties, houses, estates, shops, factories and animals were confiscated
and a lot of people were
killed including my husband who government accused of collaborating with
white farmers. When my
husband passed on, the trauma led to elope with children to Johannesburg
where I am hiding as
political refugee. When my husband died in April 2000, I made arrangements
to close the account for
fear of being discovered by the interim Government. This was because
several efforts were made to
trace possible institutions where my late husband held investments and
assets. This process was made
possible through the help his close confidant and his personal assistant
Mr. Reuben Khumalo.
At this present moment, I am pleased to announce to you that I am the next
of kin, owner /beneficiary
of funds hidden in a security trust overseas (as per attached details)

: EST/M.S//39393/XM930/90343-90302/APR/2001
: EST/28820-4-22.
: COF//9ND09H2A8282.
: 9302034-2-22-034
: 39 Million USD
: Mrs. Maria Stevens
: 15th of May 2001.
: Confidential diplomatic consignment.

The said consignment has been in the security company for approximately 5
years and is overdue for
claim and the security company has sent several memos to that effect. The
content of the safe was
declared as diplomatic consignment and concealed from the security
company’s knowledge.
My late husband did not reveal to the cooperative union information
regarding the bank where he kept
their funds, not for dubious reasons but as a token of caution since he did
not want the interim
government to know about the location of the funds for fear of
confiscation.
Information was passed only to his personal assistant (Mr. Reuben Khumalo)
and I his wife. I took a copy
of the investment account and all the documents regarding the transaction
with the security company
and ran to Johannesburg. I could not locate the documents regarding share
of contributions belonging to
 the other members of the cooperative society.
On the demise of my late husband we faced a lot of troubles from member of
the farmers union
because we did not have the exact record of the shares of each individual
farmer who owned funds
which were held by my late husband in that investment account. My late
husband's share of that fund is
only $9,040,000 and the rest belonged to the members of the cooperative
union. Totally: 16,970 Farmers.

We have made several efforts to locate the documents which contain the
database and the ratio of funds
belonging to the members of the cooperative union without success; this is
the only way we could
determine the exact amount of money belonging to each individual farmer. To
an extent we decided to
stop the process. We have written letters to the members of the cooperative
union and they have
deliberated over the matter and decided to abandon the issue since my
husband has passed away and
did not have the opportunity to tell them where the funds were nor give
them any documents regarding
the funds. I did not reveal to them that I was the beneficiary to the said
fund knowing fully well that telling
them will not resolve any problem rather it will bread troubles since I
will not have any proof of amounts
per individual ownership rather I will rely on information they provide me
and I am not certain that the
information they shall provide shall be accurate. Resolving issues amidst
16, 970 farmers was not going to
be an easy one and come to think about it my husband had the biggest share
of the said fund. Each of
those farmers owned between 1,000 - 3000$ on a maximum. The highest
contribution I ever saw on the
books was 3000$. Some even were in hundreds of dollars.
It has not been very easy for us as the farmers association gave us a lot
of problems during the burial of my late husband. As soon as the burial was
over the trouble ended. Also I did not disclose to them the financial
institution where the said funds were held originally neither did I inform
them of the current status of the fund in the security company.

If you analyze this matter, we may seem to be taking the public funds but
look at it this way:

1. If I told them that I am the beneficiary then they will begin to find
where I am and automatically my
life and security will be threatened not by them but by the interim
government who will not only take the
money from us but may send assassins, as it is happening everyday even
until now.

2. I shall be required to present the fund but to whom, on what share
ratio, with which record.
These are local farmers, their names and amount were written on several
notebooks, and there were no
formal records although the document is somewhere but I do not know, I have
searched for months
without success.

3. The possibility of the interim government forcing me to produce the
funds will be high if I ever reveal to
the farmers.

4. My husband instructed me to keep the information regarding the
investment account confidential so did I.

At this point in time, no one except Mr. Reuben Khumalo and I knows that
this fund is in my name hidden
in a security company and the deal with the security company is an airtight
deal. Absolutely confidential.
No one knows that I was the beneficiary of the said fund in the investment
account. So consider this a
safe and risk free business matter. I guarantee that because members of the
farmers union have already
forgotten the matter since what they owned in the fund are mere peanuts. My
husband was the head of
the cooperative union and he secured all the funds in his company account
which was opened with the
offshore bank.

I do not have any intentions of going into any business partnership with
anyone rather all I want you to do
is to be my next of kin and receive the consignment from the security
company since I am stuck here and
according to asylum matters here, you either remarry or go back to your
country which be in five years
and I am not ready to do that since I have kids. All the security company
needs is the documents for
change of beneficiary bearing your name, endorsed by me and witnessed by
Mr. Khumalo and a second
witness.

The consignment is due for claiming and is attracting demurrage (over-due
storage charges) in the
security company .The contents of the consignment were not disclosed to the
security company during
deposit so do not intend to do that now this point in time, if there is any
demurrage, they may not be
instructed to even open the consignment talk less of removing fund there to
take care of storage charges
as it is against the depository agreement. The consignment is insured and
contents kept secret until
date.

I know the curiosity you will feel since I have your full contact details.
I do not know you personally
neither do you know me but Mr. Khumalo should be able to tell me more about
you since you shall be
dealing with him in this matter. Also the only way I got your profile is
from the Johannesburg chamber of
commerce and I have assessed your company and feel that we could do
something together.

All I want is for you to be my next of kin. Appropriate documents shall be
provided to you from the
security company through Mr. Khumalo to achieve this and once that is done
consignment shall be
delivered to you via diplomatic means or you can go to the security company
and sign for it.
Mr. Reuben Khumalo is in Netherlands holding meetings with the security
company regarding the said
consignment and arrangements for release so contact him at the following
contact details.

Phone: +31 619 032 627
Fax:    +31 847 559  810
E-mail: rbnkhumalo@netscape.net

If you desire to meet him in person then arrange with him otherwise request
for details. Ensure that you
provide him adequate and reliable means to contact you. Mobile phone
number, dedicated fax number,
mailing address and email address, time to reach you etc.

I do not wish to go into any further business relationship rather my wish
is for you to receive this
consignment either by visiting the security company with the assistance of
Mr. Khumalo or following up
the release procedures after which the security company can deliver the
consignment to your destination.
These funds shall be split accordingly: Mr. Khumalo shall open an account
in your country for me in USD
and deposit 25 million dollars therein on my behalf, he shall be entitled
to 7million dollars and you shall be
paid the sum of 7 million dollars for your services.

Take note that Mr. Reuben khumalo cannot execute this task alone because he
was a principal witness
during the depository period and it was made clear that he cannot be a
beneficiary. So you can see why we need a foreign partner.
He knows the whole history of the funds and the Security Company where the
consignment is located.
Due to the means whereby I contacted you, I do not wish to disclose
sensitive information for security
reasons but if you contact Mr. Khumalo and he feels comfortable to transact
this deal with you then we
shall take it up from there.

You do not need to reply this mail at all, rather contact him at the above
stated coordinates. He shall
provide you full details and documents regarding the status of the funds
and how the transaction shall
be followed to completion. Feel free to ask him any question. I request
maximum confidentiality in this matter.
Do request all these documents to have a better understanding of the
information I am providing to you.
Bear in mind that my late husband never told the bank that the funds
belonged to the cooperative union
because they were in his own company account. Also the bank never knew that
the funds were later
taken to the security company by me when I signed for it as beneficiary. So
consider this as a highly
discreet matter and must be treated a such. The account is closed
permanently to avoid any tracing but
you shall be opportune to see all the information regarding the account,
withdrawal of funds, closure of
the account and deposit in the security company.

Contact Mr. Reuben Khumalo now.

Regards,
Maria Stevens