Subject: RE: [trust-el] Minutes for the first meeting of the Trust ElevationTC, 9 Sept. 2011

Thanks Chet

<<Abbie took an action item to find dates and times for future meetings that will work for all members, noting that this will be challenging because of the global scope of the members. Abbie said that he will consult with the members to find times that share the burden equally for all.>>

I know that the meeting agreed on a doodle poll, and Jamie offered some insights on this issue, I thought I could add some insights as well..

One thing often overlooked is the change to summer time. While Friday's call (8am Pacific) was 3am in NZ (we are not on summer time!), 1am in Australia, 12 midnight in Japan and so on.. the change over in October when the northern hemisphere goes off summer time and southern goes on (not on the same day/week unfortunately) the situation changes quite radically. For me, that 8am Pacific/3am NZ call becomes 5am NZ..not quite so bad. Of course if we have Australian or Japanese folk on the call they will take over NZ's graveyard timeslot:-).

So two things to think about:

1) Review the call time periodically (at least 6 monthly around the summertime changes) and optimise it for the active participants, but not arbitrarily move it to a time more sociable for some folks in the hope that they will join in..

2) Make the review a part of the Agenda/Minutes template so that if someone is not joining because of the time zone, it can be picked up quickly and accomodated. Otherwise, just skim over it in the meeting.

Cheers
Colin

-----Original Message-----
From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Saturday, 10 September 2011 6:24 a.m.
To: trust-el@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Dee Schur; Jamie Clark; Carol Geyer; Robin Cover

Minutes for the first meeting of the Electronic Identity Credential
Trust Elevation Methods (Trust Elevation) Technical Committee

1. Call to Order and Welcome.

2. Roll Call
Attending (please notify me if you attended the meeting but are not on
the list below)
Kevin Mangold, NIST,
Peter Alterman, NIST
Mary Ruddy, Identity Commons
Carl Mattocks
Abbie Barbir, Bank of America
Debbie Bucci, National Institutes of Health
Rebecca Nielsen, Booz Allen Hamilton
Marty Schleiff, The Boeing Company
Colin Wallis, New Zealand Government
Marcus Streets, Thales e-Security
Shaheen Abdul Jabbar, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Rich Furr, SAFE-BioPharma Assn
Jaap Kuipers
Doron Grinstein, BiTKOO
Thomas Hardjono, M.I.T.
Dale Rickards, Verizon Business
Ronald Perez, Advanced Micro Devices
Ivonne Thomas, Hasso Plattner Institute
Don Thibeau, Open Identity Exchange
Massimiliano Masi, Tiani "Spirit" GmbH
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat
Brendan Peter, CA Technologies
William Barnhill, Booz Allen Hamilton,

OASIS staff attending:
Chet Ensign
Dee Schur
Jamie Clark

3. Nominations & election for Chair/Co-Chairs/Secretary.

TC members nominated Abbie Barbir and Don Thibeau as co-chairs of the
TC. No other nominations were presented. Abbie and Don were elected
co-chairs by unanimous consent.

TC members nominated Marry Ruddy as secretary of the TC. No other
nominations were presented. Mary was elected secretary by unanimous
consent.

The TC was declared officially started and the meeting was turned over
to Abbie and Don to proceed.

4. Date / time of next meeting
Abbie took an action item to find dates and times for future meetings
that will work for all members, noting that this will be challenging
because of the global scope of the members. Abbie said that he will
consult with the members to find times that share the burden equally
for all.

5. Call for agenda items
Abbie asked for any agenda items anyone wanted to propose.

Peter recommended that the TC consider approaching the ID Trust
Steering Committee for funds to support contractors who can perform
some of the research and analytic work on behalf of the TC. Abbie
added that as an action item.

Abbie suggested discussions on steps that can be taken to approach
other groups and organizations to recruit more participants &
contributors into the TC.

Colin recommended that the TC investigate some of the related
standards already being developed around this topic.

6. Welcome from OASIS Staff.
Chet gave a short overview of the OASIS process and the stages through
which a specification progresses. Chet took an action item to send a
list of useful links to the TC.

Jamie gave a quick overview of the OASIS IPR policy and recommended
that everyone read it and understand the obligations it carries.

No other business being presented, the meeting adjourned.

Minutes submitted by Chet Ensign, Director of Standards Development &
TC Administration, OASIS

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-378-3472