Subject: Re: [trust-el] Four-eyes principle method

It was implemented at the application level, which is not complicated. But I wonder if it would be easy to provide it as a generalized security service in a federation.

I remember another variant of the 'confirm authorization' use case that is also an edge case, because it can be seen as temporal provisioning or as an elevation of authentication factors by another person:

A doctor has a 2FA credential to access the EHR in a data center. If there is a problem with the smart card he/she will be provisioned with a temporal credential valid for a single session. The support staff in the call center will verify the caller id, will know the voice (it is a small business) and might do some KBA. Then a temporal credential - a one time password - is sent to the doctor's mobile phone.

- Rainer