Subject: RE: [trust-el] Open authentication project

Hi

We need to see how it relates and what we can do with it

regards

From: Thomas Hardjono [mailto:hardjono@mit.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:56 AM
To: Mangold, Kevin C.; Alterman, Peter (NIH/CIT) [E]; Barbir, Abbie; 'trust-el@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hi Abbie,

I’m very familiar with the OATH initiative.

What I don’t understand is the relationship between the OATH authentication technologies with this Trust-Elevation TC.

Is the aim for this TC to adopt OATH as our 3rd deliverable item?

> The third deliverable will be an "Electronic Identity

> Credential Trust Elevation Methods Protocol" specification

> that recommends particular methods as satisfying defined

> levels of assurance for elevating trust in an electronic

> identity credential to assure the submitter's identity

> sufficiently to support elevation between each pair

> of assurance levels to transact business where material

> amounts of economic value or personally identifiable

> data are involved.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/trust-el/charter.php

/thomas/

Thomas Hardjono