Subject: RE: Colin's Action: RE: [trust-el] Notes for January 8th call

Colin

Will take this on the TC call tomorrow

regards

From: trust-el@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:trust-el@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Colin Wallis
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 10:56 PM
To: trust-el@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Colin Wallis

Folks

A quick update on this.

Following on from Mike Schwartz’s presentation, I made the comment that I was little concerned that his application’s particular approach to Trust Elevation might not be captured in our Deliverable 2: Analysis of Methods.

Of course, far too much time has passed for me to absorb all the finer details of Mike’s preso, and I am less sure than I was then, that there is a gap in D2.

But if you apply the 4 categories of D2:

·         What you are

·         What you know

·         What you have

·         What you do

..you can kind of understand why I asked the question..

It seems to be kind of in the ‘what you have’ category, possibly as an alternative approach to ‘out of band’

Or it is in the ‘all others’ bucket of ‘Context’...”additional attributes relevant to the user or situation’

In Mike’s thing you have protected URI as an end point identity...

Hmm ... I’m not sure that’s what was envisaged when we made up the list ..browser, OS, cookie, tokens and certs etc.

But I guess if it goes anywhere, it might go there..

The alternative, and the most likely outcome of this cerebral internalizing, is that I’ve missed something blindingly obvious and I am barking mad!

Anyway.. FWIW..

Cheers

Colin