Subject: FW: Notes For May 15 call

From: Mary Ruddy [mailto:mary@meristic.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:11 AM
To: Barbir, Abbie
Cc: mary@meristic.com

Hi Abbie,

Please forward the notes to the list

Best regards,

Mary

From: Mary Ruddy [mailto:mary@meristic.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:03 AM
To: trust-el@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: mary@meristic.com
Subject: Notes For May 15 call

Minutes for the meeting of the Electronic Identity Credential Trust Elevation Methods (Trust Elevation) Technical Committee

May 15, 2014.

1. Call to Order and Welcome.

2. Roll Call

Attending (please notify me if you attended the meeting but are not on the list below)

Abbie Barbir, Bank of America  - y

Anil Saldhana, Red Hat

Bob Sunday

Brendan Peter, CA

Carl Mattocks, Bofa

Cathy Tilton, Daon  - y

Charline Duccans, DHS

Duane DeCouteau

Calvin

Colin Wallis, New Zealand Government

Dale Rickards, Verizon Business

David Brossard, Axiomatics

Dazza Greenwood

Debbie Bucci, NIH

Deborah Steckroth, RouteOne LLC

Detlef Huehnlein, Federal Office for Information

Diana Proud-Madruga - y

Diego Matute, Centrify

Don Thibeau, Open Identity Exchange - y

Doron Cohen, SafeNet

Doron Grinstein, BiTKOO

Gershon Janssen

Ilene Bridges

Ivonne Thomas, Hasso Plattner Institute

Jaap Kuipers, Amsterdam

James Clark – Oasis

Jeff Broburg, CA

John Bradley

John "Mike" Davis, Veteran's Affairs

John Walsh, Sypris Electronics

Jonas Hogberg

Julian Hamersley, Adv Micro Devices

Kevin Mangold, NIST - y

Lucy Lynch  ISOC

Marcus Streets, Thales e-Security

Marty Schleiff, The Boeing Company

Mary Ruddy, Identity Commons  - y

Massimiliano Masi, Tiani "Spirit" GmbH

Mike Harrop

Mohammad Jafari, ESC -

Peter Alterman, SAFE-BioPharma - y

Peter Jones -

Rainer Hoerbe -

Rebecca Nielsen, Booz Allen Hamilton

Rich Furr

Ronald Perez, Advanced Micro Devices

Scott Fitch Lockeed Martin

Shaheen Abdul Jabbar, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - y

Shahrokh Shahidzadeh (Intel Corp

Suzanne Gonzales-Webb, VA

Tony Rutkowski

Tony Nadlin

Thomas Hardjono, M.I.T.

William Barnhill, Booz Allen Hamilton

Adrianne James, VA

Patrick, Axiomatics

Steve Olshansky - y

63 percent of the voting members were present at the meeting.  We did have quorum.

Peter suggested considering an electronic meeting to secure the 3rd deliverable.

Abbie said Andrew should be available this week as editor to work on the 4th deliverable. We need to know what we need from OIDC people and who will write-up the SAML profile.  Then we will need to get community feedback.  Should we work with OIDC?  Or ask them to do it? We should talk with Eve about that. We also need to present to the next NIST workshop, March 2015.  Being in ITU-T will also help.  Abbie can coordinate between SAML and Trust-el TCs.

Peter said he is supportive and trying to get OIDC accepted into his trust framework.

Abbie continued, we need to insure our solution /spirit is implemented in OIDC/SAML and maybe also attestation of implementations.  The bank thinks step-up is crucial for mobility. This work could be a defining moment for mobility.  Can’t trust phone device on its own (need to assume it could have been stolen.)  Step-up becomes a key foundation.  There is miss use of the term MFA. If you don’t know how authN works your believe stories about what factors count. There is an education gap.  We need to stay around to do publicity, education and interops. [TC’s job isn’t done when the protocol is done.]

Peter agreed.

Abbie suggested that after the 4th deliverable, maybe we should write some whitepapers.

Cathy said we continue to run into the issue of equivalence, the issue of how biometrics are used especially in light of the existing 800-53 doc.  We continue to struggle with that.

Abbie commented that Daon has an honest description of factors.  He doesn’t get that from other vendors. He has heard horror stories of what a factor is (e.g. having a phone is one factor and un/pw is two factors.) That is not what step-up is all about. If you work for the bank your phone is a target. It will be stolen for that reason. Let’s get the 4th deliverable done quickly. We have a plan for the next year.

2. Agenda review and approval

We used the following chat room for the call: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/trust-el   chat room text is included at the end of the minutes.

The agenda was approved.

3. Approval of the Minutes

Abbie asked for a motion to approve the minutes from April 3.

Don made the motion.

Cathy seconded it.

There were no objections

The minutes for the meeting were approved.

4. Resolution and feedback on third deliverable.

We need to do redo the vote on the third deliverable, since not enough people voted.

Steve made a motion to approve requesting Special Majority Vote on approving Electronic Identity Credential Trust Elevation Framework Version 1.0 at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=52634&wg_abbrev=trust-el

with Non-Material Changes as a Committee Specification

Don seconded it.

Abbie asked if there were any objections.

None heard.

The motion passed.

Abbie announced that we have victory.

5. Editor update

6. Adjourn

Abbie asked for a motion to adjourn.

Don made the motion.

Cathy seconded the motion.

The meeting was adjourned.

anonymous morphed into abbie

abbie: Passcode: 637 218 8139

US toll free 1-866-222-6652

Int'l Toll: 1-980-939-6928

- Australia, Sydney: +61 (0) 2 8064 4811

abbie: 1. roll call

2. agenda bashing

3. approve minutes

4. ballot on deliverable 3

5. editor update

6. roll call

7. adjourn

anonymous morphed into Cathy Tilton (Daon)

anonymous morphed into don thibeau

don thibeau: cant seem to get a call through

don thibeau: abbie is there another passcode/

Shaheen (JPMC): Passcode: 637 218 8139

US toll free 1-866-222-6652

Intl Toll: 1-980-939-6928

Australia, Sydney: +61 (0) 2 8064 4811

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1.Go to https://attend.webex.com/attend/j.php?ED=267269667&UID=1785079827&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

2.If requested, enter your name and email address.

3.If a password is required, enter the meeting password: (This meeting does not require a password.)

4.Click Join.

abbie: call on the phone

Mary1: don can you call in?

abbie: -866-222-6652

abbie: webex is off

don thibeau: trying now from MUnich

abbie: 866-222-6652

abbie: 637 218 8139

abbie: just emailed u local number in germany

anonymous morphed into Steve Olshansky

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.