Subject: Notes for Sep 17th call

Minutes for the meeting of the Electronic Identity Credential Trust Elevation Methods (Trust Elevation) Technical Committee

September 17, 2015.

1. Call to Order and Welcome.

2. Roll Call

Attending (please notify me if you attended the meeting but are not on the list below)

Abbie Barbir, Bank of America - y

Andrew Hughes - y

Anil Saldhana, Red Hat

Bob Sunday

Brendan Peter, CA

Carl Mattocks, Bofa

Cathy Tilton, Daon

Charline Duccans, DHS

Duane DeCouteau

Calvin

Colin Wallis, New Zealand Government

Dale Rickards, Verizon Business

David Brossard, Axiomatics

Dazza Greenwood

Debbie Bucci, NIH

Deborah Steckroth, RouteOne LLC

Detlef Huehnlein, Federal Office for Information

Diana Proud-Madruga - y

Diego Matute, Centrify

Don Thibeau, Open Identity Exchange

Doron Cohen, SafeNet

Doron Grinstein, BiTKOO

Gershon Janssen

Ilene Bridges

Ivonne Thomas, Hasso Plattner Institute

Jaap Kuipers, Amsterdam

James Clark – Oasis

Jeff Broburg, CA

Jeff Shultz , NIST

Jim Macabe (Kaiser)

John Bradley

John "Mike" Davis, Veteran's Affairs

John Tolbert - y

John Walsh, Sypris Electronics

Jonas Hogberg

Julian Hamersley, Adv Micro Devices

Kevin Mangold, NIST

Lucy Lynch  ISOC

Marcus Streets, Thales e-Security

Marty Schleiff, The Boeing Company

Mary Ruddy, Identity Commons  - y

Massimiliano Masi, Tiani "Spirit" GmbH

Mike Harrop

Mohammad Jafari, ESC

Orlando Adams - y

Peter Alterman, SAFE-BioPharma  - y

Peter Jones -

Rainer Hoerbe -

Rebecca Nielsen, Booz Allen Hamilton

Rich Furr

Rick Grow - y

Ronald Perez, Advanced Micro Devices

Scott Fitch Lockeed Martin

Shaheen Abdul Jabbar, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - y

Shahrokh Shahidzadeh (Intel Corp)

Suzanne Gonzales-Webb, VA - y

Tony Rutkowski

Tony Nadlin

Thomas Hardjono, M.I.T.

William Barnhill, Booz Allen Hamilton

Adrianne James, VA

Patrick, Axiomatics

Steve Olshansky

We achieved quorum.

2. Agenda review and approval

We used the following chat room for the call: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/trust-el

The agenda was approved.

3. Approval of the Minutes

Andrew asked for a motion to approve the minutes of August 6 and August 20.

Abbie made the motion.

Peter seconded it.

There were no objections.

The minutes were approved.

4. Editors Update

Andrew sent out a cleaned-up draft that was also sent to ITU Question 10 group.  ITU has warmly received the draft and would like to receive the final version.  We should be able to submit the final version in March.

Andrew looked into moving the draft through the formal OASIS process. It is on a standards track.
First we need to finish the document.  We also need a full vote with majority approval to approve the document.

Peter said we need to discuss who we have to present it to.

Abbie responded that we have to approve it ourselves.  Then can send it for OASIS review.  We can run a ballot. We want it approved before the next ITU meeting. If we back track from that date, we will get an idea of how long we can have the draft be in active review at the TC. He suggested targeting March 1 as the submission date to ITU.

Andrew said once we have finished this draft, next we need to make it a committee draft.

Abbie asked Andrew to get information about the OASIS process to generate the approval checklist so that Andrew can set up the intermediate deadlines.

Andrew announced this is the final call for content.

John raised the issue of XACML contribution.

Andrew explained that the UMA contribution is included. Shaheen has some outstanding edits. If there are still empty sections, we may strike them. Andrew has more work to do on the implementation considerations section.

Abbie had one piece of feedback from ITU. There is a reference to ISO 29115. There is a movement to make changes to it that may impact the text, so there is a suggestion to move it to different section of the deliverable so that it is non-normative.

Peter noted that 29115 is an acknowledged standard now. When 29115 changes, we may need to make changes.

Andrew will double check the status of 29115.

Abbie will send Andrew information on the status of 29115.

Andrew asked is our path forward logical?

There were no objections.

Orlando responded that its sounds good.

Andrew reiterated that our goal is to get final draft to the TC by our next call and get the time line chart ready as well. Any comments are greatly appreciated between now and then. Otherwise the comments will be captured during the balloting process.

Abbie reported that next week, on Tuesday, Sep 22nd at a conference in Tampa, he is running a panel on use of biometrics and will be talking about trust elevation.

*** Abbie took an action item to send notice of the meeting to the list.

This conference is co-located with the IDESG meeting.

5. Adjourn

Andrew moved to adjourn the meeting.
Suzanne seconded the motion.

anonymous morphed into Peter

anonymous morphed into Rick Grow

Andrew Hughes: hi folks!

anonymous morphed into Orlando Adams

Peter: what is the dial in #?

abbie: (214) 556-4103;  PC 58 5 07 44 9 77.

abbie: (877) 658-8148 , (214) 556-4103;  PC 58 5 07 44 9 77. LC: 49 97 65 96 25

Peter: tak

Diana Proud-Madruga: is there a webex?

Suzanne Gonzales-Webb: nothing is being shared today