ubl-adoption message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of the Manhattan UBL TC meeting, 2008.01.28-02.01

At 2008-02-15 12:51 -0800, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>MINUTES OF THE MANHATTAN UBL TC MEETING,
>28 JANUARY - 1 FEBRUARY 2008
>Adoption SC
>
>    OASIS has suggested the formation of a UBL focus area in the
>    OASIS domain at ubl.xml.org.  This would be implemented as a
>    wiki; see dita.xml.org for an example.  It would support file
>    sharing, news events, software downloads, etc.  The site would
>    both provide for a more interactive environment for the support
>    of UBL and a collaborative site through which organizations
>    implementing UBL could share experience in a more proactive way
>    than can be accomplished via the existing UBL Support Page.  As
>    with dita.xml.org, the site would be maintained by an editorial
>    committee.  OASIS has suggested that the most logical way to
>    form the editorial committee would be as an "Adoption
>    Subcommittee" of the UBL TC.
>
>    Advantages of this approach would include:
>
>     - Moving the current UBL Support Page to a more interactive
>       environment
>
>     - Differentiating the function of the TC in developing
>       standards from adoption and implementation activities
>
>     - Increasing visibility (these focus areas are promoted at
>       OASIS symposia)
>
>     - Maintaining TC ownership via the Adoption Subcommittee
>
>    OASIS requires at least one site sponsor; TM's new company,
>    Document Engineering Services Ltd., has been accepted as the
>    first sponsor.
>
>    AGREED to the following plan for approval by the TC via letter
>    ballot:
>
>    1. We accept the offer to create the ubl.xml.org site.
>
>    2. We accept the suggestion from OASIS to form a UBL Adoption
>       Subcommittee as the ubl.xml.org editorial board.
>
>    3. We request the formation of the new Adoption Subcommittee,
>       keeping the existing SSC (Support Page) live during the
>       transition and eventually redirecting from there to the new
>       ASC.
>
>    4. We appoint G. Ken Holman as both head of the editorial board
>       and chair of the ASC, and we appoint the following UBL TC
>       members to consitute the editorial board and the membership
>       of the ASC:
>
>       Oriol Bausa
>       Mikkel Brun
>       Roberto Cisternino
>       Tony Coates
>       Asuman Dogac
>       Martin Forsberg
>       Mike Grimley
>       Tim McGrath

All of the above UBL TC members have now been made members of the
Adoption SC, with Jon being made the Secretary in symmetry with other
subcommittees.

At 2008-03-04 14:36 -0800, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
>ADOPTION SC / UBL FOCUS AREA
>
>    ACTION (2/26): JB to notify OASIS that we have approved
>    formation of the Adoption SC, etc.:
>
>       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200802/msg00035.html
>
>       Done.
>
>    GKH: Will now set up the mail list.  GKH will take charge of
>    the events area, but other members who have signed up for the
>    ASC need to decide which section of ubl.xml.org they will be
>    responsible for.

There are the following sections in an OASIS focus area:

   - knowledgebase - factual listings like a Wikipedia
                   - the blog roll is for blogs *outside* of the blogs section
   - news          - timely and transient postings
   - events        - events related to UBL or closely-related topics
                   - typically of publicly-subscribed events, but some
                     privately-subscribed events might be of interest if
                     the members of the private group visit this site
   - products      - vendor products for sale to developers and users
   - resources     - freely available resources for developers and users
   - services      - services for sale to developers and users
   - forums        - discussions and questions
                   - could also include job postings
   - blogs         - UBL-specific journaling by members
   - sponsors      - sponsor links cite UBL-related resources
available from the
                     sponsor's web site, not from the resource pages here
                   - e.g. white papers

Tentatively I've taken on the "events" section, but I was hoping that
someone else would be able to pick up the responsibility for that
load so that I can focus solely on the site as a whole.

Would all members please post to the list which section they would
like to edit?

Please contribute by volunteering with this task.

Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org> has offered to help us with
guidance to get this started, as well as to rein us in should it be necessary.

Thanks!

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc