ubl-adoption message

Subject: Thinking about a more active UBL.XML.org

Fellow members of the UBL Adoption SC,

With the upcoming release of PRD1 UBL 2.1, I
would like to remind members of the UBL Adoption
Subcommittee that we have an obligation to maintain the UBL.XML.org web site.

We should be thinking, for each of our respective
areas of responsibility, what can be added to
UBL.XML.org to promote interest in UBL 2.1 so
that we can get the widest feedback possible from
the user community.  Getting such feedback will
be critical in ensuring this significant
minor-version update to UBL 2.1 addresses any
shortcomings people might be experiencing with
UBL 2.0.  It also opens up many new areas of
interest and will be drawing more candidate users to UBL for the first time.

So, what can we do with UBL.XML.org to help them and to promote our work?

Note that due to a member account deactivation,
the "BLOGS" area (as yet unused) now no longer
has an editor.  Please let me know if you or
someone you know might be interested in promoting
some interest in this area of UBL.XML.org.

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . Ken

p.s. Jon, I've cc'ed you because I don't see you
on the Adoption SC roster ... can you please sign up to the SC?

HOME - a read-only list of the latest postings
made from across the UBL.xml.org site
- G. Ken Holman
UBL RESOURCES - for information regarding
understanding and using the UBL standard,
including specifications, white papers, presentations, etc.
- Tony Coates
- Oriol Bausą
CUSTOMIZATIONS - for communities to post mini
home-pages linking to their work to bring
attention to their customized UBL deployments
- Karsten Tolle
NEWS - timely information and announcements
- Tim McGrath
EVENTS - a calendar of past and upcoming committee meetings and public events
- Jon Bosak
PRODUCTS - commercial, open-source and free products and developer tools
- Roberto Cisternino
SERVICES - commercial services
- Martin Forsberg
FORUMS - for discussions and question/answer sessions
- Mike Grimley
BLOGS - for journals related to UBL that are maintained on this site
- (editor position vacant)

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/