ubl-clsc message

Subject: [Fwd: [ubl-lcsc] UBL codelist value files from just-before-beta]

  Hi,

I belive this is useful information for clsc as well.
This is a bit more explanation of where we were headed right before Beta
with identification of specific code lists for use within UBL and how to
capture that info.  This is peripheral to the clsc deliverables, but an
example
of what the framework should accomodate - not all of what it needs to
accomodate, by any means, but it might raise some additional
considerations w/r/t requirements.

I've attached the final code list catalogue for reference as well.

-A

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:13:55 -0800
From: Anne Hendry <anne.hendry@sun.com>
To: ubl-lcsc@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi,

As requested in the lcsc meeting, here is the set of documents
containing the code list values that correspond to those codes listed in
the Code List Catalogue where there are entries in the 'Actual Values'
column (column P).  There are 13 of these rows, and therefore 13 code
list values files.  Michael, fyi, the key for the tool was whether or
not there was an '=' sign in the 'Actual Values' column (column P).  If
there was an '=' sign beginning colum P then the tool looked for a file
with the name listed after the '=' sign.  The file was named according
to 'Column 'B' ('Code List Namespace)  in the Code List Catalogue.
 You'll note that the values are very unrecognizable on their own, since
most of them are numbers.   We went through many discussions as to
whether to capture more information in the 'values' files, but it was
determined that there was a) not enough time, b) no method for clearly
specifying which additional information should be captured, and c) not
within our purview to do so.

The 'Credits' column (column R) in the Catalogue states exactly where
these code list values came from *if* the values were from a source
external to UBL.  If so, the information in the 'Credits' column was
included in the comment header block in the schema file for each code
list schema.

The 'Notes' column (column Q) were internal notes (really should not
have been sent out).

Please note that we were originally using the lists at
http://www.unece.org/cefact/trafix/bdy_code.htm.
These lists turned out to be in various stages of construction and we
found we had to fall  back to the
lists at http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d03a/tred/tredi2.htm for any
consistency, so, based on our
experience, there is a bit of danger in identifying a specific URL for a
code list and any ubl attempt
to identify such urls should be vetted appropriately.

-Anne

codelists-draft14.zip