ubl-clsc message

Subject: What to do about code list models in UBL 1.0

My apologies to all that I missed the telecon yesterday.  I'm been under
extreme work commmitments this week, and I didn't even notice the call
time come and go.  I also am not getting the chance to even read my e-mail.

It does weigh on my mind that I was supposed to provide code list data
model material for the CLSC document.  I've tried to stand back about it
and think what the best way forwards is, given UBL's timelines versus the
amount of time I will be able to dedicate to CLSC over the next weeks.  My
conclusion is that given that the only deliverables (more or less) for UBL
1.0 are XML Schemas, not code list models, we should de-scope the code
list models until UBL 1.1.  I don't think their absence from 1.0 will be
noticed by many, and it strikes me that inclusion in 1.1 will be timely
enough.  That could also be published post 1.0 as an addendum if that
seemed timely, before the 1.1 release.

After I drafted this note, I spoke to a couple of people briefly at the
TTSC telecon today, and it seems I wasn't the only one with the same
idea.  Can we agree that this is the best way to manage things?  Thanks,

	Cheers,
		Tony.
--
Anthony B. Coates
London Market Systems Limited
33 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2BR
http://www.londonmarketsystems.com/
mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com
Mobile/Cell: +44 (79) 0543 9026
[MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/]
[FpML Arch WG Member (Financial Products Markup Language),
http://www.fpml.org/]
This Email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material
and is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this Email by mistake
please advise the sender immediately by using the reply  facility in your
e-mail software.
Email is not a secure method of communication and London Market Systems
Limited cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this email for virus
infection, for which London Market Systems Limited accepts no
responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
London Market Systems Limited.