ubl-clsc message

Subject: Groups - wd-ublclsc-codelist-20040206.pdf uploaded

The document wd-ublclsc-codelist-20040206.pdf has been submitted by Martin Burns (burnsmarty@aol.com) to the UBL Code List SC document repository.

Document Description:
Team,

I have done a substantial amount of work on the code list document trying to bring it to the point of implementability, hopefully it can be in time for UBL 1.0. We, NIST and ebsc, have invested quite a bit of effort in the project in the expectation that a consensus view could be achieved. It would be somewhat demoralizing to see UBL publish a 1.0 specification without this work. We would like to see what can be done through our efforts to collaborate with those trying to publish the schemas in the coming weeks to achieve a desired result.

After several attempts, I have been finally able to reach the OASIS site for posting (which has been down for a couple of days?).

Members, this draft is not perfect or final. It still needs review of the team. However, in essence it contains minor, yet important, extensions to the original ubl model that others including OAGI, NIST, and RosettaNet have found compelling. I think that the draft has a clear enough picture to show how to implement code lists in XMLSchema and XML. Thus it could be used as the basis of ubl 1. We could as a group polish the document and correct its flaws over the coming weeks while adopting the schema representation right away so as to enable inclusion in the UBL 1.0 documents.

You will find that I have incorporated all comments on requirements, and, have accomodated both Gunther Stuhec's URI and the exposition of the metadata model in the Schema elements as well. This should be pleasing to all.

Thanks,
Marty

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-clsc/download.php/5394/wd-ublclsc-codelist-20040206.pdf