ubl-cmsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-cmsc] Transformation Language

I think we should have a custom XML vocabulary for expressing context
rules, which can then be "compiled" into an XSLT stylesheet for actually
executing the rules.  A custom vocabulary allows it to do one job well and
makes it easier to build GUIs that let people create instances of it.

(I also think that it should be a hard requirement to express only context
rules that at least theoretically can be executed using XSLT, though it's
hard to imagine needing a capability that would be counter to this
goal.  XSLT should be our proof-of-concept method for testing the language
we design.)

         Eve