ubl-cmsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-cmsc] Hierarchical Context Values

I'm not sure that this is magic, but it does presuppose the use of a
specific context rule engine that is implemented to understand hierarchical
data types. Not a problem, but it might make an automated mapping to XSLT
impossible or at least very unwieldy.

At the same time, I don't like your solution (separate rules with different
order values). This would lead to a very, very messy looking context rule
document. And imagine if I have 10 regions with 100 countries each with 100
cities. Making a rule for Europe might involve hundreds of rules.

If we want a direct mapping to XSLT, then maybe Eve's suggestion (use text
pattern matching), although a little hack-like, is the best one. It's
certainly very clever (I knew we let Eve into our SC for a reason ;-).

To summarize our options:
1) Use our own "Harry Potter" magic rules processor that might not map
cleanly into XSLT.
2) Use text pattern matching to achieve this (a la Eve).
3) Make the user implement this him/herself as needed.

I'm voting for 2) unless someone has a better idea. I'm not entirely happy
with it, however, so I'll give this some more thought.

Matt