ubl-cmsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-cmsc] Transformation Language

Matthew Gertner wrote:

> I would support this. We will design a specific context rule syntax that
> makes it easier to specify context rules than if XSLT were used. At the same
> time, we should try to ensure that a direct mapping to XSLT (preferably an
> automated one) is possible. Personally I don't see that this mapping has to
> be implementable using XSLT, but I'd be interested to hear if someone has a
> strong feeling about this too.

No, the mapping does not *have* to be implementable using XSLT - it could be
implementable by hand or through some other method (it's just a mapping after
all). But it would be an added bonus to be able to do it through XSLT, as
there are plenty of tools that can process it in a non-proprietary manner.