ubl-cmsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-cmsc] XSD Derivation

At 04:15 PM 11/30/01 +0100, Matthew Gertner wrote:
>Sigh, I have to admit that you have a point here. Nevertheless, at the risk
>of seeming stubborn, I would label this as a bug in XSD and accept that we
>need to solve this, and only this, problem through ad hoc means. That is, of
>course, unless someone else comes up with another compelling example...

If we find even one example of an important kind of customization that XSD
(or its implementations) can't do, then it would seem that we need a hybrid
approach no matter what.

As another example, how about the kinds of subtraction that may be
needed?  Do we ever want to subtract an element that's required in the base
version?  XSD doesn't allow this...

         Eve