Subject: [ubl-comment] Fwd: Message from Patrick Gannon

UBL members and observers,

Please see message below from Patrick Gannon, President and CEO of
OASIS.  Mark and I will be following up with OASIS staff after the
meeting this week in Barelona.

Jon

Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:22 PM
To: jon.bosak@sun.com
Cc: mcrawford@lmi.org, carol.geyer@oasis-open.org,
	karl.best@oasis-open.org

Mark and Jon,

During the OASIS UBL TC meetings this week, please convey my
personal congratulations for the progress and accomplishments of
this hard-working team of OASIS members.  The recent deliverables
from the OASIS UBL Library Content Subcommittee and the OASIS UBL
Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee are very encouraging.

Over the past few weeks, as I have been speaking at conferences
and meeting with various other standards groups, a number of
opportunities with respect to the OASIS UBL TC have
arisen. Several consortia are asking when and how they might
contribute their industry expertise on demonstration projects that
implement OASIS UBL TC work.

Specifically, I would like to be sure all OASIS UBL TC members are
aware of the following:

1) OASIS management and staff are quite actively promoting the
   work of the OASIS UBL TC, and we want to be sure to coordinate
   any marketing or promotional opportunities with appropriate TC
   members.  Please keep Carol Geyer informed of your
   marketing/promotion plans. Carol and other OASIS staff are
   available whenever needed to aid in coordinating and supporting
   such marketing and promotion efforts.

2) Liaison with other external organizations is one of your noted
   activities that can be greatly enhanced through coordination
   with OASIS management, as we are in frequent contact with
   executives and management of other consortia.  These executive
   contacts can often be used to engage appropriate technical
   contacts for more efficient liaison at the TC working level.
   Please identify an appropriate contact from the OASIS UBL TC to work
   with OASIS management on external organization liaison.

3) At recent inter-consortia meetings, several organizations have
   expressed interest in collaborating with OASIS on projects that
   could involve the use of UBL deliverables. Is there a master
   schedule of deliverables that has been prepared to show plans
   for when which components/specs are planning to be completed?
   Would you like to schedule a conference call with OASIS staff
   to discuss coordination opportunities?

Again, our congratulations on your progress. Please let me know
what else OASIS can do to support your efforts.

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO
OASIS
+1-978-667-5115 x201 (Office)