Subject: Re: [ubl-comment] UBL comments on ebXML Core Components TechnicalSpecification v1.8

I have to agree completely with Mr. Adcock on this.  There has been way too
much confusion about "code" vs. "identifier", and getting back to the
entomological roots seems a long time overdue.  When we carry this down to
syntax, it gets more complicated since there is a natural tendency to want
to enumerate for validation purposes small sets of things that we have been
considering "codes", which Mike points out are actually
"identifiers".  Let's leave enumeration and validation out of the picture
and just focus on the semantics.