Subject: UBL 5/28/2002: [ubl-comment] NDR Code Lists

Submitted to the list as requested.

Thanks.
Monica J. Martin
Program Manager
Drake Certivo, Inc.
208.585.5946

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Eve L. Maler
	Sent: Tue 5/28/2002 11:26 AM
	To: Monica Martin
	Subject: Re: Maler 5/28/2002: [ubl-comment] NDR Code Lists

	Hi Monica-- Thanks for the thoughtful comments.  Would you be
willing to
	re-send them to the public ubl-comment list, in case others had
the same
	comments you did?  Then I can respond in a way that gets
everything into
	the archives.  Thanks!

	        Eve

	Monica Martin wrote:
	> I read through the NDR code lists white paper and was
impressed in the
	> level of detail on the analysis of the different options.  A
few
	> comments (I can put in any particular format if required):
	>
	> *     It might be helpful to weight which of the requirements
are
	> highest priority.  For example, I believe that
interoperability and
	> external maintenance would rank close to the top.  That
creates the
	> question what can you sacrifice for what.  It may not alter
the outcome
	> selected, however.
	> *     Is maintenance adequately handled in upgradability,
context
	> rules friendliness and perhaps external maintenance?  I was
thinking
	> perhaps at some point, the "acquired" code lists may be housed
in or
	> available via a registry. In that fashion, what performance,
storage,
	> other reliability, usability, etc. requirements are we
affecting by the
	> decision (If I am off base, please discard).
	> *     Some of our assumptions may be affected by the
"discussion"
	> about code vs. identifier within CCTS.  Any leaveway to
account for