Subject: [ubl-comment] UBL and UN/CEFACT

Following discussions at UN/CEFACT's Forum last week, CEFACT created a
proposal to unify the efforts of OASIS's UBL TC work and UN/CEFACT's Core
Component work. The text of the proposal is attached, and I have been asked
by CEFACT leadership to convey it to you.  I believe this is the same
document transmitted to Jon Bosak earlier this weekend.

UN/CEFACT will be appointing a small team to discuss the proposal with UBL
designees.  I'm just the messenger here, having helped raise the issue a
few weeks ago (along with Ralph Berwanger, Klaus Naujok and Ray
Walker).  My expectation is that UBL reps will have more detailed
discussions with CEFACT leadership, which in light of our recent elections
are likely to involve Forum Coordination Team chair Melanie McCarthy and
ATG group chair Margaret Pemberton.

Best regards   Jamie Clark