Subject: Re: [ubl-comment] Schema type generation and type reuse question

I think I agree with what your pointing out about the "loosing
of connection" between similar and exact types.  As a reference,
the id values you listed are found in "UBL_Library_Op70_Reusable.xsd".

The way I see it is that there are 2 things at work at the
same time: Definition of structure field names ("Default UBL Name")
and the definition of data type for the fields.  The latter
appears to be a clever use of 4 columns
   ("Object Class Qualifier" + "Object Class") .
         ("Property Qualifier" + "Property Term")
the entirety of which defines the data type.

In the definition phase (ie, the first time a new data type is
defined (e.g. AddressType)), there is no "Object Class Qualifier"
and the data type names are defined the same as data field names
(except only for "Identification" which is remapped to "ID").

Subsequently (e.g. DeliverToAddressType), it extends, or rather
re-uses, the definition of AddressType by having the same values
for "Object Class" throughout all the fieldnames that are to be
defined within DeliverToAddressType, but this time having a new
"Object Class Qualifier" value as "Deliver To".   Same for
"JurisdictionAddressType".

For interpretation (ie. program processing), if there is consistent
use of "Object Class Qualifier" to mean only that the usage area
is different but the meaning given by
("Object Class").("Property Qualifier" + "Property Term")   ---(2)
remains the same, then the "link-back" as you brought up can
be resolved by tracing back via (2).

I mentioned "if" as that is just my interpretation from looking
at the files.  Someone might want to confirm or differ from this.

That said, for "Default UBL Name" column, there're many spurious
spaces (eg. "Postal Zone"), dashes (e.g. "Country Sub-entity),
and even apostrophes (e.g. "Buyer'sID")  that strictly speaking
are not proper XML local names.  Dashes are ok to be used in
XML, but I find it strange-looking among all the otherwise
CamelCased alphabetic names.

cheers,
Chin Chee-Ka
SoftML