Subject: Re: [ubl-comment] Public Comment

Yes and no.

The targetNamespace is to satisfy XML Schema's namespace
targeting requirement.

The explicit definition of prefix such as "xmlns:cat" that
points to the same namespace value as targetNamespace allows
clear reference to that namespace within the content of the
given schema.

The intentional definition of default namespace (xmlns=...)
to the same value as targetNamespace is so that the schema
could validate more easily with more of different software
out there.  Some of the XML Schema validators, or instance
verifier software, out there may or may not have implemented
namespace resolution properly, particularly instance verifiers
that need to cross between instance-space's namespace definitions
and schema-space namespace definitions.  In the interest of
allowing more such software to clear the validation, there's
no harm defining the default namespace to the same value
to safeguard such situations.

Perhaps "no harm" is more preferable than "no advantage"  :)

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979